Reese McCay

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2007, 12:06 PM
kwestern's Avatar Coolest Mom Ever
Here is the birth story of Reese McCay O'Connell.

I was 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant when I went in for an appointment with my doctor. When she checked me she found that I was already 4cm dilated. She decided to strip my membranes to see if that would get things going. We also scheduled an induction for Thursday night, Nov. 1st incase nothing happened.

I left the appointment feeling crampy and bleeding, but it felt good to know there was an end in site. I went home and DH went into work. Around lunch time my crampiness was getting worse and I was having terrible back pain. Just when I thought to call the doctor I recieved a call from them saying that they wanted to induce me that night (Oct. 30th)! I was so happy. I called Dh and told him to come home from work because I was going to try to wait until they called for me to come in, but I was afraid that my water might break and we would need to go in earlier. I was feeling some pretty good contractions at this point.

My mom got in the car and headed to our house from Indiana (a six hour drive) and we put Dh's parents on alert to be at our house around 7pm so we could be ready to go. Dh and I tried to relax for the rest of the day, but we were so excited that we just roamed around the house.

All of the family made it to our house around 8pm and we kissed and put Kennedy to bed. I got the call around 9:45 pm to be at the hospital at 10:30. My mom and Dh's mom drove us to the hospital and we told them to go home and get some sleep because we thought that the baby wouldn't be here till morning (we were determining time based on how long I was in labor with Kennedy).

I got checked in and was put into a labor and delivery room around 11:30pm on Oct. 30th. We new at this time we were going to have a Halloween baby. Which was fine by me as I've always loved the holiday. I got my iv started and hooked up to the monitors. I was having contractions on my own, 3 at a time then a rest between. The nurse started pitocen to help and even out my contractions. The doctor came in and checked me, I was 4cm and 80% effaced. They ordered my epidural and the team was there in a few min. When putting the epi in it was causing my back to jerk to the right. This caused some complications - my entire right side of my body went numb and I couldn't lift my leg. My left side was feeling perfect. The epi also caused my bp to drop low and made me loopy and sleepy. It was working though and the nurse said that everything was going to be okay, so I just took them at their word.

The doctor came back in after my epi and broke my water, within a half an hour I had dilated to 6cm and was 100% effaced. It was around 1am or so and she told us to call our families so they could be here. I couldn't believe how fast it was going.

With the contractions getting stronger the baby's heart rate began to drop really low with each one. I had to put the oxygen mask on me to help her through each contraction. I was getting really scared. Around 2:30 I told the doctor that I had a lot of pressure. She checked me and said there was only a lip of the cervix left. They prepared the room and she told me to practice pushing.

At around 10 till 3 I began to push for real and Reese McCay was born at 3:08am! She weiged 6lbs. 13oz and was 19in long. She had a full head of brown hair with light tips. It looks as though she had gotten highlights for the big day She was perfect and beautiful!!!

I did not require any stiches and did not feel any pain for this delivery - much different than with my first daughter. It was such a wonderful experience.

Reese did so well at the hospital that they let us go home the next day. She was never jaundice - actually she had quite a nice reddish/tan complextion. She was very alert from the beginning and eating like a champ. She is a wonderful addition to our family and we now feel very complete.

I love my little pumpkin

Thank you Kara for my siggy!
November 8th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
aww, what a smooth birth story! congrats kate she is beautiful!!!

November 8th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Snowpeas
Congratulations! Sounds like it went very well!
November 9th, 2007, 05:22 AM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
She's beautiful!! Thanks for sharing your story and CONGRATS!!!!!

November 10th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She's beautiful! Welcome Reese!
November 11th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Jennijaznraysmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's so cute! Glad you had a nice delivery!!

Thank you Kara!
November 11th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a wonderful birth you had. Lucky ducky!
November 12th, 2007, 12:20 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Congratulations! I am glad you had such a great experience. Love her hair!

November 13th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Veteran
Congrats on the easy birth! Sounds like we were both in labor around the same time that night!!! Yay for Halloween babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search