Amelia Kate

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Super Mommy
I can't believe I am posting this and she is 4 months old, but here it goes.

I had contractions on and off for literally weeks. I was originally give a due date of June 22nd, a second due date by ultrasound of July 1st (this was early in pregnancy). I really didn't want to be induced because I had an induction with my 2nd that went fine, but pitocin didn't do much and had an ineffective epidural so I was considering going natural. I decided I would be induced on July 3rd since my first two were both born on the 3rd of the month. I didn't think I would make it and neither did my doc, I was 3 cm a month before I had her and 4 cm by June 30th. Well, guess what I made it to the 3rd of July and at the beginning of my indcuction was 4 1/2 cm and I think maybe 80% effaced. They started IV and I think pitocin just before 6 am and broke my water at 6:05 am. Things got going pretty quickly, my doc who I love was around a lot and only left for a short time to do a c-section. It was fast and intense but when I asked to go to the bathroom the nurse brought me a bedpan and I was very disappointed that I was going to be stuck in bed (I should have talked to my doc about wanted to get up but I guess I wasn't thinking straight). Anyway the pain was pretty bad and I told them I wanted the epidural. My doc checked me and said I was already over 8 and encouraged me that I could probably do it naturally if I wanted but he promised to get me the main doc to the the epi (since I had a bad epidural from a nurse the last baby). I decided to get it but it never really took effect and I delivered her at 9:09 am literally after maybe 3 contractions worth of pushing. My only complaint is that I wish I would have planned more in advance about not getting an epidural and my wishes to get out of bed etc because I was uncertain during the labor and I know had I been able to get out of bed I could have gotten through it. The nurses sort of made me feel a little pressured as well because they kept saying, "you don't want to wait to long or you might not be able to get it and you might want it." Overall I had a beautiful experience though-oh I almost forgot, DH FAINTED right when she was being delivered! He literally hit his head on the wall and all the nurses ran over there, so I really didn't notice the pain right then because I was a little distraction. He was okay but had to be carried out on a stretcher to be checked and was embarrassed. Amelia Kate weighed in at 8 lbs 6 oz and was 21 inches long. I had a little bit of bleeding that they got under control immediately and very little tearing, no episiotomy. It was overall a great birth and she is a beautiful little girl with 2 big brothers!
Amelia Kate born July 3rd at 9:09 am
8 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches long
November 9th, 2007, 03:25 AM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
Awww Beautiful story !!! Thank you for shareing it with us!!! I cant believe DH fainted Too funny!!!

November 11th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great story

Your poor DH though, I cant believe he fainted!

November 13th, 2007, 02:47 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I know what you mean about the planning, I wish I had somebody there who could have communicated for me that I REALLY meant it when I said, "No, I don't want to wait for it to kick in, I want to push now!" *shakes head*
Glad you finally posted it

December 11th, 2007, 03:32 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
LOL out at your hubby!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search