Braelyn Marie's Grand Entrance!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2007, 05:52 PM
braelynsmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry it's been so long...this is just so exhausting being a single mommy! But here it is...

On Thursday, November 8th I went in at 8:00am for my induction...they brought me in and broke my water. I was already 3 cm dialated at the time also. It was so weird when she broke it b/c it felt like a gush of water coming out!!! I thought it was gonna hurt but i didn't! Then shortly after I got up and walked the halls with Cyal and it just kept rushing out...I soaked so many pads and it was dripping on the floor! :S It was really awkward! Then we got back to the room and I tried rocking on the rocking chair and that's when the contractions kept getting stronger, I had to use my breathing techniques and they worked quite well. I also tried the tub and it was so comfortable, but the contractions just kept getting stronger....by then I had to get checked again and I was a 4! I could get an epidural!!! I was so relieved! Well they ordered it and here he comes...20 minutes later with that long stinkin' needle!!! AHHH! I was sooooo scared! Cyal stood in front of me and held my hands and I was so nervous....well-he put it in and realized that it was in the WRONG spot!!! I was bawling b/c it hurt so bad!! After everything was all said and done-I started feeling so weird, turns out he put too much medication for my body size in-so he had to turn it down...I was starting to feel numb in places I wasn't suppossed to. I was so scared that something was going to go wrong! But I was okay after a while....then they started me on Pitocin to speed things up...wow....that really did speed things up b/c about 3 hours later I was at a 7! I was getting so excited, and feeling a lil' bored b/c I wasn't feeling anything! About 2 hours after that I was finally dialated to 10 cm!!!! She was like--wow...you're ready to push now!

I was crying with fear and excitement! They drug out the "hollywood lights" and got things ready for Brae to be born! I could tell that Cyal was really nervous b/c he kept pacing! I pushed for a good 45 minutes and it was hard to actually feel where I was pushing b/c I couldn't feel anything down there! So everytime they kept telling me to push, I was like I can't feel it!!! When she was crowning Cyal said "OMG, i can see her hair...it's a lil' alfalfa sprout! LOL....then with one more push she was out! I bawled like a baby!!!! OMG, i have never felt so much joy and relief in my LIFE! She came out with her eyes wide open looking at Cyal and she had the biggest blue eyes I"ve ever seen! She was perfect. I only tore a hair and I didn't need any stitches...I was so lucky! I couldn't stop crying b/c I was so happy she was finally here....it was def. the best experience I have ever had and I wouldnt trade it for the world! She's my heart and soul!

She weighed 6 lbs. 11 oz. and was 20 inches long and her apgars were 9 and 9! She is so beautiful and she has mommy's nose and lips and daddy's eyes....Cyal loves her more than anything and I'm so glad he was there with me to see her be born! He's a wonderful daddy and he comes over about every other night....It's so emotional right now b/c I want so much more, it's hard to look at Brae and see so much of him and not have him here with me to share these moments with our daughter....but I guess I have to be thankful that he is here for Brae....

November 15th, 2007, 08:05 PM
NewMami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NewMami
Congrats again! She is so beautiful. It sounds like your induction went pretty well too. :0)

November 15th, 2007, 09:36 PM
MamaManna07's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww Ash, congrats!!! Sounds like you had an awesome birthing experience and you both look amazing!!!

*Kara rocks my socks with her siggies*

November 16th, 2007, 04:35 AM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
She's beautiful mama!! Congrats and thanks for sharing your story!!

November 16th, 2007, 09:49 AM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Congratulations! She is gorgeus.

November 16th, 2007, 10:51 AM
christy1108's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats!!

November 16th, 2007, 12:43 PM
FrankieMont's Avatar FrankieMont
Send a message via Yahoo to FrankieMont
congrats mama!! you sounded like you were a real trooper!! you make me a little less scared to actually give birth as stupid as that sounds lol,congrats again on your gorgeous little girl!

November 17th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Jennijaznraysmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!

Thank you Kara!
November 17th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Snowpeas
Congratulations on your little princess! Sounds like a great experience!
November 18th, 2007, 05:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
what a great story! congrats ashley!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search