Quinton Pierce

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to carissasart
Lets just say i recognized the start of labor on monday. The increasing pressure and contractions that would make sleeping a marathon and getting up from bed or the couch an olympic event kind of gave it away that the end was near! I went monday night to ask my holistic healer whom i go to for more natural approaches what she thought...and she told me i was going to go to my doctors appointment on wendsday and be back in the hospital wendsday night to have the baby. She also said i would go natural and the labor would be under 10 hours from start to finish. So i had that in my head, and on wendsday i skipped my ultrasound appointment and went straight to the doctors office which is located a few doors down from radiology. I told them i was having contractions and they wanted me to go to have my ultrasound to check in on size since he was measuring about 4 weeks ahead my entire pregnancy. So i did...he was fine they guessed about 8lbs 8 ozs and he was head down and all of that good stuff. I went to my doctors appointment...cause he wanted to wait to see me until i had my results and he checked me and i was 3 centimeters and 100% effaced. He had already scheduled me an induction date for next wendsday without telling me....just so i would have the option and he also out me in for this sunday (nov 18th my official due date). He said i could choose either date cause those were the days he was oncall or if i chose i could wait it out.

From there i went home and my mom came over and helped me with cedric and cooked dinner. My contractions were becoming longer and more uncomfortable. My cousin stephanie and my neighbor lisa came over too, and by 6pm my contractions were intense and had gone from 12 mintues to 9 to 7 and then were holding strong at 3 minutes apart. I was still drinking water and picking on dinner inbetween, and they were coaching me along to drink and eat and get up and walk around the house. Then around 830pm they suddenly changed and instead of having a small break they became a constant pain. I had been alittle concerned about when it would be time to go, how would i know and i was nervous about driving and checking in and waiting in l&d to be checked etc etc....but then i knew it was time to call the hospital! It was just instantly different! My mom was talking to the nurse and i was yelling the back through a contraction and the nurse made me get on the phone and told me to get in the car and come right in. So everyone hustled around, mark packed up cedric and dropped him off @ his moms, and the girls got my stuff together and helped me wash up and before i knew it we were in route...and hitting every single red light!

We got to the hospital and the valet guy whipped a wheel chair in front of the door, and literally RAN me into the ob admitting office though the front lobby of the hospital...i could hear people saying OMG look shes in labor. And some people were yelling good luck as i sat slumped, in pain, and completely embarassed for myself! They brought me right up and took me in to monitor me and check me and i was already 6 centimeters! we waited for about a half hour before they placed me in a birthing room and when i got in there i was checked and was 8! My nurse...whom was sooo awsome...set up a birthing ball, and made the rocking chair all nice with pillows and kind of forced me into the shower to relax. She asked me a few times if i wanted the epi and i said i didnt think so...yet...that i could deal with it. I was just nervous about how much worse the pain would get and she just assured me it would probably not be any worse and that i was almost done and a second baby could come soooo fast etc etc. So i went with it! i took a shower, i hopped on the ball and then i stood up ----i said to my mom & mark---ohhh goood.touch me, rub my back, no dont touch, me i mean touch me ahhhhhh and splat ---my water broke all over the floor! I was crying cause my socks were wet...ha ha! so the nurse came in and told me to get back in the shower and lean over the ball....and thats when i started asking for the epi. She was like ---well why dont u take a shower and ill come back in 20 minutes and check you and we;ll talk. So she coaxed me in, and i was literally watching the clock! The pain was unbelievable! It was non-stop, like electric shock, ripping my internal organs apart, my butt felt like it was gonna blow off etc etc! I was demanding she came back in and checked me....i was begging..i mean pathetically begging her to give me drugs! imagine this ----jen, pleeeease .....dont do this to me....i cant dooo this! ---yeah pathetic! so she checked me and i was fully dialated but had a lip of cervix that was being stubborn. She tried to move it, she caled a doctor to come in and try to move it and i got desperate and started pushing. She flipped me around in every position, squatting, kneeling, leaning, etc but the ###### thing wouldnt move out of the way. By this point, i was screaming!!! i was a sweaty, screaming, grunting, swearing mess of a women in labor! i was what every text book scenerio, horror story, cliche of child birth. A pathetic, desperate display of wimpiness in all of its glory..ha ha! But once again it all changed...i felt the baby just drop right down! I felt him sliding out, no matter if i pushed or not! it felt horrible to push, i felt like i couldnt even help myself but i knew if i didnt it was going to take longer and it hurt toooooooo much to not make a heck of an effort! so i did, i pushed and pushed and the doctor flew in and told me to blow, and i pushed and she just threw her tools out cause he was coming and i wasnt waiting for anyone! His head ...omg his head....it felt like a bowling ball that was lined with sandpaper! and then his shoulders got stuck...the nurse started pushing on my stomach, and the doctor was pulling with all of her might. they called the nicu team and i gave it all i had...and topped it off with the loudest scream that possibly could have contributed to that cyclone in india. and out he slid weighing 8.88lbs (which was a great guess from the sonographer) they rounded his weight off to 8lbs 9ozs and he was born @ 2:46 am nov 15th. i did not tear or get even a stich..i didnt not need an IV and i went 100% natural! within 15 minutes of his birth i breast fed him...he is a natural! and we are both doing great!! I am going to come home at some point today after they circumsize him and i can't wait to get back to my life with him! I love him so much, any wonders that i had splitting my love between my 2 sons is over.....i cant wait to fill me house with more love! here are some...or alot of pics! to all my JM mommis ...thanx for making my pregnancy so great, we did it!
sitting on the birth ball

right before my water broke

ouchie contrax

small rest

dada cutting the cord

on the warmer

love @ 1st site

my mom

my cuz stephanie

getting dressed

pout pout

November 17th, 2007, 08:58 AM
jimiheath's Avatar Super Mommy
that is by and far the most entertaining birth story I have ever read. Congrats, I love the pouty face!!!!

November 17th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Jennijaznraysmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what a great story!! He looks just like his brother!! Congrats on such a cutie!!!

Thank you Kara!
November 17th, 2007, 09:27 AM
~*mamarazzi*~'s Avatar AKA...Sarah :)
Send a message via MSN to ~*mamarazzi*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*mamarazzi*~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~*mamarazzi*~
Carissa...I have said it before...I will say it again...YOU ARE MY HERO!!! Way to go mama That baby is adorable and I LOVE his hair!! OMG!!!

You have a beautiful family and I cant wait until you FILL our playroom with all of the wonderful stories of your two sons

YOU DID IT!! YAY!!!

<---A little bit about me

November 17th, 2007, 10:03 AM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its funny about sharing love when you already have a kid.... Being scared you wont love them as much... Cause once you have your 2nd 3rd 4th... It is the same for EVERY child...

GRATS he i beautiful and I think he looks just like ya mama!
November 17th, 2007, 10:12 AM
hypnotiq83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hypnotiq83 Send a message via Yahoo to hypnotiq83
Carissa!!! I LOVED reading your birth story, and I must say that is one Handsome little pouter you have there! He's gorgeous and you look great!!! Congratulations Mama!

November 17th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Snowpeas
Congratulations, sounds like an empowering experience! Your descriptions were so great, I felt like I was there!
November 17th, 2007, 05:11 PM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
That pouty face pic is the best ever!!! And I have to admitt that I laughed so loudly at your story that DH thought I was going mad!

CONGRATS hun!! He's so flippin cute!!!

November 18th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
i love his hair!!! congrats carissa!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search