Andrew Lee 11-11-07

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2007, 02:24 PM
bunni0407's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to bunni0407
Well Andrews birth story is long before delievery but short during. Started to have pre-term labor @ 28 weeks. Was given drugs and had to stay in the hospital for 8 days. We pretty much went to the hospital 2 or 3 times a week with contractions, even on the meds. And finally I just decide Im not gonna go unless my water breaks.

So on Sun Nov 11th, we get ready to go to church, at this point the contractions are starting to pick up again and slowely get strong as the morning progresses. We get to church and my MIL says Andrew will be born today he wants to be like his big brother and having a matching number bday, Thomas bday is 9-9. So we finish church and get some lunch, by this point the contractions are every 2 mins and lasting a 1 min+. I also start bleeding, starts off as just lite spotting but then starts to get heavier. My contractions get the point where Im actually pushing and I can feel that something is happening. So we call MIL @ 12:45 or so and she comes to the apt to watch Thomas, just incase they send us home yet again. We rush to the hospital and get there @ 1pm. The lady @ OB Triage isnt in that big of a hurry, and it seemed that the nurses were not in a hurry to come & get me. So like 5 mins or so passes and were still in the waiting room. They finally call us to the room and tell us to get undressed. So I get undressed and crawl into bed. The girl takes her time to get me on the monitors, and after about 2 mins of watching the monitors the other nurses comes in to check me. She checked and I was 9 cms and his head was down and stsarting to come out, the only thing keeping him in was the fact that my water hadent broken. They will me over to L&D and call in the person that gives you drugs. She came in to talk to me, this is around 1:30ish. She said if you feel the urge to push I cant give you any drugs. I told her then not to worry about the drugs cuz I need to push. So she walked out of the room and we had to wait a few more mins for the dr. When the dr walked in he checked me and broke my water and told me to start pushing when I feel a contraction. So about 5 secs later I start to push and continue to push for 10 or 20 secs, then stop for 10 and start right back up again. After about 5 pushes I told them I wasnt gonna do it anymore, but the nurse and DH kept me pushing. I did 1 more push and then I was told not to push anymore. So I stopped pushing the heard Andrew cry about 5 secs later. I was told to do a little push and get ready to hold him. So @ 1:43 pm he was born, he weighed more then Thomas did so that made and us happy and he cried right away, which was another great thing. Within 5 mins or so of him being born he was already latching on and breastfeeding. My MIL showed up about 10 mins later with THomas and they were both very sad they missed Andrew be born.

*Thank you misfitinmn for my amazing siggy*

November 20th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Snowpeas
Wow, I can't believe how fast things went once you got to the hospital! Good thing you went in when you did.
Congratulations!
November 20th, 2007, 06:00 PM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
Thanks for sharing! Man that was a fast delivery!! CONGRATS!!!

November 23rd, 2007, 03:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow! I can't believe how fast it was!
Congratulations!
November 24th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
wow, what a quick delivery! congrats

November 24th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Jennijaznraysmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on such a quick delivery

Thank you Kara!