Owen Douglas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2007, 12:23 PM
mrs_pbow's Avatar I'LL ROCK YOUR SOCKS
Send a message via Yahoo to mrs_pbow
Well, we were told to call l&d at 530am on Saturday morning so they could tell us when to come in but that most likely we could come right in. OF COURSE that was not the case. She said it shouldn't be long and would call us back as soon as possible. Three LONG hours later I got the call "Mrs. Bowman, would you like to come have your baby now?" YES! We loaded up and were there in thirty minutes! We got there, settled in, and checked, I was still sitting at 3cm and he was VERY high, the check was PAINFUL. YAY. About 1030 they started the pitocin. Within 20 minutes I started having contractions. By 1:15 I was only 4cm and 65% effaced and they went ahead and broke my water. The contractions started coming HARD then and it wasn't long before I was in some pretty bad pain. I have never felt pain like that before! With Landen I never was in serious pain and this time I was in tears. My moms and Karoline were in the room at this point and I finally was like...I need to be left alone...for now atleast. Patrick was AMAZING through the whole thing. He knows not to pick at me and mess with me. My mom had been watching the monitor and would be like "OH here is comes. Its a big one!" NO CRAP WOMAN! I know she was trying to help but it was irritating the snot out of me. Patrick got me cold washclothes and would rub my back and I think I about broke his hand. Poor thing. I was burning up the whole time...it was so weird. I got to where I was just writhing and moving in each contraction...I couldn't have made myself be still. They wanted my to wait 2 hrs before they checked me again but the nurse and Patrick finally decided they were going to check me early so maybe I could get an epi. They wanted my cervix to be thinner before they did it. Thankfully I was 5cm and 70% at this point and at about 315 I received my epi and some other medicine that made me "drunkish" as the anest. said. It also made me rediculously tired. The nurse also realizes at this point that a lot of my pain is in my back and realizes that the baby must be face up and that is why I've been hurting so badly. UGH! I laid on my side and it was instantly better (that and the epi was kicking in). So I'm settling in to take a nap and the dr comes in and says...lets go ahead and check you again, even though they had checked me not 20 minutes prior. I am 9 cm and almost, oh wait, that was a contraction, COMPLETELY effaced! Lets push. Patrick and I just look at eachother like WHAT?! 20 minutes ago the nurse had predicted within two hours...now its NOW! The dr has to rush out to help someone in another room (the hospital filled up over the weekend! it was crazy there!) and I did a practice push. Then threw up...again. Apparently epidurals make me sick...I got sick with Landen and this time as well. My retching also apparently pushed the baby farther down. lol. The dr came back in...I pushed once..and she said OH YES. Get everyone in here. Patrick grabs the camera and people start setting up. Four pushes later and at 413pm our precious baby comes out! Since I didn't have to push much he had fluid in his lungs and they had to mess with that for awhile but he was perfect! Patrick's faces during the delivery were cracking me up. He didn't want to see anything so he was looking at me but holding my leg as well and at once point we had to sit there and wait for my next contraction and they said "oh, don't close your legs, you'll squish his head!" Patrick's eyes about fell out of his head. lol. He was like...his head is just like hanging out of there?! He couldn't believe how fast it went. I was so excited that my epi didn't effect me as much as last time and I could still feel the pressure of the contractions and was able to feel him come out. He was pretty much asleep the entire first day from my pain medicine so bfing was impossible but Patrick was able to feed him his very first bottle right in the l&d room. Landen came in once he was cleaned up and just instantly grinned and said "is he out?!" He is doing SO great with him and has been nothing but excited and wanting to help so far. Owen sleeps constantly and really is a great baby. He is already moving his head around and giving us gassy grins...we are all so completely in love!!!

<3
November 20th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to carissasart
awwww man.....the worst part is that you threw up! but after that it seemed pretty quick! I saw your pics you posted with big bro landen....OMG those are some cute kids you have made mamma! Congrats....you have a beautiful family!

November 20th, 2007, 05:56 PM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
CONGRATS!!! Thanks for sharing!!

November 23rd, 2007, 03:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your handsome little man, Kandace!!!!
November 24th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
congrats kandace!

November 24th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Jennijaznraysmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!

Thank you Kara!
November 24th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Last edited by meeko; June 28th, 2010 at 08:14 PM.
December 5th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
awwww... that made me tear up, pbow.

myspace

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search