Lillian Jean

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Ash_Mama#2
Well it all started with a planned induction. I went into the hospital at 6pm to give them all my info and that good stuff. By 6:30 I was in my room just kinda sitting around waiting. A nurse came in and took more info. and I got changed and an IV in. Which really hurt because it was right on the bone in my wrist and I could really move my wrist the whole time. They inserted the Cervidell or whatever it is called at 8:00pm and I was to lay in bed on my left side and not move for 2 hours. Before the nurse inserted it she checked me and said I was at 3cm and very soft. Which surprised me because the day before I was at the doctor and was still pretty high and at 2 cm. Well after laying in bed for 2 hours I went to the bathroom and layed back down. Contractions sorta started about 11pm (when I had company) they didnt hurt, were just kinda annoying. Well soon after our company left around 11:30pm my contractions were coming every minutes...still not very strong but I was uncomfortable and my back was starting to hurt. So I got in the tub for a couple minutes (still wasnt comfortable) Got out and my Va jj was killing me I couldnt sit still and the dang monitors were driving me insane. The nurse decided to call the doctor and tell her about my contractions and how close they were. She then got advised to take the cervidell out. Which was suppose to make my uterus calm down. Well that didnt happen. Still having contractions every minute and starting to get painful. I was checked and at a good 4. The nurse suggested ambien to help me sleep but then later decided nubain would be better. As soon as she came back with the nubain I asked if I could get the epidural. She suggested the nubain would help alot. Now this whole time we are expecting my uterus to calm down and for me to maybe stop contracting. I got the nubain and was very very loopy but still in a ton of pain. I was determined to wait until the nurse came back to ask for the epidurl. I did I waited and then she got the epidural ordered and shortly after the saint was there. It was around 2:00am when I started getting the needles and everything in my back. While they were doing it I was having very very intense contractions almost constantly and felt like pushing. I knew that I was at least 8 cm if not more but didnt tell anyone because I wanted the epidural. Afterwards I told the nurse "my crotch felt funny" haha still wasnt going to tell her I felt like pushing. She checked me and guess what I was an 8. About 2 minutes later I then told them I felt like pushing. She checked again and I was 10 cm and completely ready to have this baby. The doctor wasnt even called yet. So I had to wait about 15 minutes in pain, holding back the pushing. The epidural finally kicked in when the doc came and I didnt feel the pain just the pressure to push. The doctore broke my water and she crowned (with out me pushing even) I then pushed when I felt like it and her little head popped out, one more push and her body popped out! It was very very fast! She was 7lbs 13 oz and 19.5 inches long. It was a great experience and I wouldnt change it for the world. I forgot to add that durning the whole labor process I slapped the nurse. LOL! She started rubbing my leg and I had my eyes shut....I thought she was Joe, I slapped her hand. Haha and then apolagized for it!

</div>

<div align="center"></div>
November 29th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
lol poor nurse! j/k! congrats momma!

November 29th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats mama!!!
December 1st, 2007, 08:03 AM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800