* Rylee Grae's Grand Entrance *

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2007, 04:47 PM
hettyhoo's Avatar Mom to Ty & Grae
Well, she is a month old today and I am finally getting around to posting her birth story

We went in to be induced at midnight on Sunday night/Monday morning. They had me put on the lovely hospital gown and they hooked me up to the monitors. I had been having contractions off and on that day that were about 3 - 8 minutes apart with no real pattern, so I was surprised to find out that I was in actual labor

They decided to try and let me labor on my own without the pitocin. From 12:00 UNTIL 5:00 they checked me for progress . At 5:00 a.m. I was only dialated to 5 so we started the pitocin. At around 7:45 a.m. my doctor broke my water and this was when the extreme pain really started. I was 7 cm dialated when I finally received my epideral.

My immediate family came into the room and we chatted and in the middle of all of this my epidural started wearing off. It had only been aboout an hour since I had it, so the nurse calle dthe anestheloigist back into the room and he gave me some more medicine into my epidural cathether.

This felt good for a little while , but I was never able to get all over relief and did not have a pain free delivery like I had had previously with Ty.

The nurse checked me about 11:15 a.m. and said I was complety dialated and ready to push. My doctor was in the next room delivering another baby, so they had me do a practice push and then told me not to push anymore because her head was coming out...so I held on for as long as I could and as soon as teh doctor came in, she started to come out.

I only pushed for 4 sets of 10 and Rylee Grae was born at 11:35 a.m with her cord wrapped around her neck. She was not crying and the doctor said get her over to the warmer immediately...I was scared to death, but before they even got her to the warmer she started crying on her own.

I breathed a huge sigh of reliefand thanked God for my little miracle.
She weighed 6 lbs. 11 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. The nurses and doctor could not get over how much hair she had. She looked like a little Munchi Chi

November 30th, 2007, 05:24 AM
StacyRI's Avatar Super Mommy
Heather, she's beautiful...I SO see your son in her in that last pic.

Sorry to hear you didn't have a pain-free delivery, but it was well worth it, wasn't it?

Enjoy that little sweetie pie as much as you can...because as you and I both know from experience, that before we know it, all the ODDC babies will be turning a year old and we'll all be wishing they were that small again

</div><div align="center">................................... .............................................</div><div align="center">Pregnancy Over 35 Board[/b][/url]</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search