Savannah Kathleen

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2007, 02:56 AM
WAHM to 3 Crazy girls
WEll Savannah made her grand entrance on November 30th at 5:51pm.

I woke up that morning with bloody show and was so excited being 3 days over due and finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I had a regular prenatal appointment at 9:40am so I got up and got ready and was having some contractions but nothing really strong or regular. I got to my appointment and the doc checked me and I was 3cm, 100% effaced and 0 station. The doctor went ahead and stripped my membranes and said see you in a few hours.

After my appointment DH and I decide to take DD to Toys R Us to look for christmas presents. We got there and I started having stronger contractions but tried to hide it from DH since he would of brought me straight to the hospital. After our adventure in Toys R Us (completely different story) we went to the china buffet and ate lunch. We then went home and I sent DH out to lunch again with a few of his buddys since I knew if he said home he would bug me all afternoon and make me come to the hospital earlier than what I really wanted. This was about 12 noon.

Once I got home and put DD down for a nap I sat down to relax. My contractions started getting closer together and stronger. From 12 to 2:30 they were ranging from 4-6 minutes apart. DH got home and I called my babysitter for DD thinking she was at work and she had taken the day off so we got ready and took DD over to the babysitter and then headed to the hospital.

On the way to the hospital my contractions were gettting stronger and closer. I got to the hospital and got checked in about 4:30pm. My contractions were coming about 3 minutes apart so the nurse checked me and I was 6cm. I asked fo some drugs right then and she said that I had to get in my roo and then she would get me something for pain. I got over to my birthing room about 5 and continued to ask for drugs and my epi. The nurse kept saying ok as soon as we get your lab work back.

The nurse finally came in with the IV drugs and had to check me before she gave them to me and I was 8 1/2cm (this was 5:15pm) so no IV Drugs for me. The doc came in and said I still should have time for my epi if my labs came back. About 5:30 I felt the urge to push and was in a lot of pain. My water still had not broken at this point. My nurse was still trying to get everything ready and I said I have to push so she checked me and I was complete. She called in the doc and at this point I was freaking out since I wanted drugs and was in so much pain. The nurse continued to tell me not to push but with every contraction all I felt was the urge to push. WIth my next contraction I was barely pushing and my water broke and then I really wanted to push.

The doc came in at about 5:45 and told me not to push as her head was almost out. The Doc got suited up and I pushed once and her head was out and then I pushed again and the rest of her slide on out. And I felt evey bit of it. Savannah was born at 5:51pm after 2 pushes and only being at the hospital for not even 2 hours.

I envy all the momas that can have natural births but I don't wish that on my worst enemy. That was the worst pain in my life. But then again very well worth it. Savannah is a champ at breastfeeding and latched right on the first time and hs been doing awesome since then.

I sent DH home about midnight to let the dog out and get some rest since I knew I wouldn't get uch sleep and if he did then at leasst I could try and nap today while he is here with us. He should be back here in about an hour so I am waiting. I have had about 2 hours of sleep in the last 24 hours and am exhausted but keep looking over at my baby girl still in disbelief that it went so fast.

I will post some pics in the pic pages once DH gets back but baby just woke up so gotta get her.

OH and her middle name ended up being Kathleen which is my middle name since I let DH pick it and he said she had to have my middle name since I went all natural.
December 1st, 2007, 07:19 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
Wow..after all the wait she sure was in a darn hurry!! congrats amber!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

December 1st, 2007, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
congrats!!!

December 1st, 2007, 09:03 AM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
WOW you go girl!!! CONGRATS!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search