Noah Benjiman Russell

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2007, 10:39 AM
5LilMonkeys
I had my c/s date set since Aug. Until the last couple weeks it seemed to go so slow which I was enjoying. With Noah being my last baby I wanted to enjoy every second of it. The last week was pretty busy trying to straighten up the house for my sister to come stay with the younger 2 and having to take my DD up to Portland for her appt at Shriner's. Her appt had been set since June or July and they make them 3-6mo out so I was afraid to call and change it.

We arrived at the hospital at 5:30am. We were taken right to our room and settled in. We got one of the smaller rooms since I wasn’t delivering in it. I was a little disappointed but it was still a nice room. I put on my gown and was hooked up to be monitored for about an hr. I hadn’t had any blood work done prior so I had to have it done ASAP. The guy ended up taking a huge vile out of my right hand and leaving a nasty bruise. I had an IV put into my left hand.

At about 6:45am I was wheeled into the surgery area to get prepped. I met the surgical staff and the drug man. My OB also came in to check on me. I was a little scared and nervous about the whole process. DH was still with me at this point. He was all scrubbed up. My OB explained the whole process to me but I was still nervous. The baby had been moving almost the whole time. I made a comment to DH that he's going to be mad when they pull him out. LOL

At 7: 15 I was wheeled into the OR. The room was cold. UGH!!! I was moved to the operating table and was covered with a warm blanket. My spinal was inserted pretty easily and I got numb. It was an odd feeling. It actually ended up numbing higher then it should. DH arrived soon after and the surgery began.

Noah arrived on Nov. 15th at 7:40am via c-section. He came out screaming and peed everywhere, including inside of my incision and on the Dr. DH actually watched him come out. I have to say I HATED the way the spinal made me feel. I was very panicky and was hard to breathe (it wasn’t but felt like it). I was SOOO happy I got to be awake this time. I got a tubal done at the same time. The whole thing was a little bittersweet. I got to see him long enough to kiss him. He went with daddy while I was in surgery and for about 1/2hr while I was in recovery. I only got to kiss on him for a minute before he was whisked away. He was brought to me in recovery and went straight for the boob and peed on me again. He latched on right away and has done great. He was 7lbs 15oz and 20in. don’t know his Apgar scores. His blood sugar was tested every 4hrs for the first 24. His first 2 were low so he did get a little formula just to boost him up. He took it by syringe and daddy's finger. He was awesome in the hospital except for a few gas episodes.

December 11th, 2007, 05:22 AM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
What a great story!! CONGRATS!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search