Jasmyn Nycole

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2008, 01:12 AM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
I was scheduled to be induced on the 12th and I was so way beyond ready. I had a tough time sleeping that night as I just was sooooo excited and nervous about the next day. I think that is one disadvantage of having a scheduled induction, if youve had previous children. For me it was really nerve racking knowing what the next day held for me. Anyway, luckily my Dr. wanted me there bright and early at 6 AM.

So I woke up early, took a shower, and packed the few toiletries I needed to pack, I debated on wether or not to eat breakfast, but my tummy was all tied up in knots so I opted not too, which is good, because I later found out I would have had to wait if I had eaten. So we got to the hospital about 5:55 got all registered and was up in my room with the iv started and blood work done by 6:15. They checked me I was dilated to 2 and 25% ephased. At 6:30 I got my first dose of the Pitocin.

At about a quarter after 7 the Dr came in and broke my water, I thought ok cool this will really get the ball rolling, I was still at 2 but 90% ephased. At this point they put in the internal monitor, Im still not really sure if I liked that. As annoying as the velcro thing around the belly is, I think the tube hanging from my Vjay jay was a tad more annoying! Anyway, I wasnt progressing nearly as quickly as I had hoped, My dr was convinced that once they started me on the pitocen Id go in a heartbeat. Well I kind of took those words to heart, so as the hours rolled by I started to get a bit bummed. In hindsight, I feel stupid, as I had a very quick labor.

So at 9:15 I was only at a 3. At 10:45 the contractions started to hurt bad!! By 11:25 I was at a 5 and -1 station, contractions getting stronger. At 11:45 I was at a 6 and could no longer handle the pain. I am really surprised that my DH could walk afterwards, as I had a death grip on him. I could have never made it thru without him. He was definatly my strength. 12:25 I was at a 7 and telling her that it was almost time, I knew it was about time to push. I remember them scurrying around the room, rolling in a table and turning on the spotlight, I was in so much pain, I just wanted it to be over with very soon. At 12:39 it was time to push. Mom and Steve held up one leg each and I kind of sat up, this is the first time I ever pushed in that position and I LOVED it! With all of the boys, we had a decel in their heart rates and I was close to a c section but was always allowed one last push to get them out, and that was all I needed. Well I didnt want to do that again. I pushed soooo hard, I swear I thought my head was gonna explode. I only had to push thru 3 contractions and she was here at 12:42. The doc said she shot out of there like a bullit and he almost dropped her So there she was 6 lbs 5 oz 18 inches long!! My beautiful little girl!!

I tried to feed her feed her, but she just wasnt having it. I think she was just as tired and wired as I was. So they took her and cleaned her up, right there in my room. And I went and got cleaned up. After that we both felt better, so I got her again and she latched right on, no problems. We both fell asleep together for awhile After she was done eating, I put her in the bassinet and mom and Steve left and we both had a nice long nap! Later that evening mom and Steve brought up some KFC, and the boys got to meet their sister, I think that was my favorite part. Then they watched her and I took advantage of the jacuzzi tub, man did that ever feel good! I am not sure how long they stayed, but I was beat, I think around 9 or so. They left, I had a very hard time sleeping so I asked for something and they gave me and Ambien. Boy that was all she wrote, I was out!! Jasmyn stayed in the room with me. Until the next day.

I asked them to take her while a took a shower and got ready to go home. Mom and Steve and the boys came and picked me up a little before noon and we were headed home with our princess!!

January 15th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great story!!! And good for you pushing her out like a bullit! You go woman! LOL

January 15th, 2008, 06:00 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Thank you for finally posting this! Wow once you got started she came out pretty quickly. She's such a beautiful girl! So you went natural? If so that's awesome and good for you!

January 15th, 2008, 06:24 AM
giorgia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to giorgia
awwww very beautiful story!!!

Thank you very much KatarinA for my siggy!!!

January 15th, 2008, 06:42 AM
I did go natural Susan, but not because Im all strong or noble, just cuz Im terrified of the Epi

Thanks Melissa, I think the fear of "almost loosing" another one, was just too much to think about, and I just kept telling myself that wasnt gonna lt that happen again, that I was gonna push like Ive never pushed before. I guess it worked

January 15th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Almost losing another one?

January 15th, 2008, 07:15 AM
With all of the boys, they had major heart decels and we were about to go in for emergency C sections. I mean I didnt actually almost loose them. But the tone of the docs voice and the look on his face, when they tell you that "the heart rate is dropping dangerously low, youve got one more chance to get them out before we gotta take them." Its really scary. To me it felt like I was almost loosing them. I just didnt want that feeling again make sense?

January 15th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Yes that makes perfect sense. That must have been very scary. I know Ben's heart rate dipped really low too so they rushed to get him out and that was scary enough.

January 15th, 2008, 07:32 AM
LRAINYB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LRAINYB
Great story Angel. I wish I was able to have natural childbirth.
January 15th, 2008, 07:57 AM
whitetiger
I agree, great story! I'm sure that you were scared by the near emergency c-sections. Good job getting her out quickly! I wish I could have gone without the epidural, but I was so tired by the time the contractions got bad that I just couldn't take it anymore! Good job though, you did great!!!
January 15th, 2008, 06:15 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, Angel..I have tears!! I'm SOOOO glad you got your daughter! She's perfect, she's beautiful and she's yours!!
I do know that fear, Kayla's heart dipped really low and they had to rush to get her out. Even though it already looked like a c/s because of her size, it would have been anyway because she dipped too low. It was so scary, worrying, wondering, praying...

January 15th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep that makes sense Angel! Dylan had decels too and it scared me. I had a O2 mask on most of my labor. ((hugs))

January 15th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Aww thanks Paula!!! Ya its a great feeling when they are finally out safe and sound!! Its soo scary there is just soo much that can go wrong. Im glad we all got our miracles!!

January 15th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful story Angel. So glad that Jazy shot right out. She is a beautiful girl and so lucky to have you as her mommy.
January 15th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Just Nana's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep thats just how I remembered it

January 15th, 2008, 10:40 PM
BraydensMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to BraydensMama Send a message via Yahoo to BraydensMama
Aww, that's a beautiful story. I'm glad everything went alright. I was completely opposite of you, drugged and C-Section. That's great about going natural.
January 15th, 2008, 11:19 PM
.*.H&HMomma.*.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to .*.H&HMomma.*. Send a message via Yahoo to .*.H&HMomma.*.
YAY Angel that was such a beautiful story!! Ahhh the memories!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 20th, 2008, 01:39 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I know what you mean about the scheduled induction, I only slept for an hour and a half that night...with Courtney I just had her on my own.
Glad you finally posted!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search