Aiden Joseph's Turkey Tale

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2008, 11:33 AM
hypnotiq83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hypnotiq83 Send a message via Yahoo to hypnotiq83
OK... Without the risk of putting this off any longer, I am now typing some of my birth story...

Let's see... Where to begin.... I kinda knew that he was going to be early, but he was only early by one day so I don't really consider him to be preemie...

Oct. 24, 2007

The day started out ok, I had been having contractions all the night before and was worried that I might go into labor, but me, being the hard head that I am decided to go to work anyway... I went in and was sitting at my desk, playing around like I am now, when I got the worst of the contractions... I was like hmmm... maybe I should call the husband now...

It was a running joke in my office that I was going to deliver at work... They don't know how close to the truth that was.

So, breathing through contractions and patiently waiting on Doug to get out of a meeting, yes, he was in a stupid meeting... I was ... I seriously wanted to call his Commander and be like... Man. but, since that was feasible, I did the only thing I could do and wait...

So, Doug finally made it to my office and by then I was having a bit of bloody show, so we high tailed it to the hospital... On the way there, hit a crap load of traffic... I was afraid I'd have the baby in the car... so I started to . Doug was trying to calm me down, but it was just way to funny... I started to laugh because it felt like we were in a freaking sitcom...

Ok. We finally make it to the hospital and I get all hooked up to monitor the contractions and Aiden's heartbeat... The nurse checks me in and proceeds to tell me that I'm not having a baby that day and that I should just go home and rest... I very politely gave her a big kiss my . I was in pain, I hadn't ate since about 7:00 the previous evening and at that point was just ready to have my baby out of me... She calls the doctor and gets me a new nurse... per Doug's request...

The new nurse was an angel, she was super sweet, and although she didn't let me have food, even after my constant begging and trying to bribe her... I was coming up with some good stuff yall... her attitude was great. She was also very helpful...

So, I'm in there about a hour before the doc shows up, she was doing a c-section... d(id I mention that everyone in Tampa and their sister decided to go into labor the same day I did) She felt around and said that I was 4 cm dilated... which really didn't mean much since I was having a c-section anyway... then she pressed my stomach to see how far apart the contractions were... They were about 3 to 4 minutes apart... that's when she looked at me and said, Congratulations... You're having a baby today...

I was so relieved, anxious, excited, and nervous all at the same time... That's when I started to freak out a bit... This is why:

1. Janey was still at daycare about 20 miles away...
2. Her grandmother... who was supposed to keep her while I had the baby was at the Tampa International Airport getting ready to fly up to visit my SIL for her birthday.
3. We didn't have anyone else to call
4. I wanted Doug to be there for the birth of his son.
5. What if they couldn't finish the C-Section in time enough for him to go pick her up from daycare...
6. I had to recover with a two year old in the hospital room with me... HOLY CRAP...

I seriously didn't want her to see me in pain like that, and I was a mess... I got to the hospital around noonish, the doc came in around 1. They scheduled the OR for 3:30... and Janey had to be picked up by 6:00...

So... My husband, ever the resourceful one called up our church... In the moment of freakoutness, I forgot about the church... Thank God for them!

We were able to find someone to come to the hospital and be there with me while Doug went up and picked up Janey... I was so happy that he could be able to stay for the birth, but was a little disappointed that he would have to leave shortly there after...

The Operation:

So around 2:30 they come in to start prepping me for the surgery and I'm beginning to get nervous, and the what if's start coming... What if this, what if that... I start rambling off what if's to Doug and he tells me everything would be fine and I just have to stay positive and trust God with it. So... I start to pray... I pray the whole time, from prep to the OR, I'm praying...

I really started praying when I had to get the spinal... I was scared for my life... The stupid woman wasn't telling me when she was sticking and I kept jumping... finally... after 3 tries she gets it in there... and we are on our way to having a baby...

I'm finally numb after a few minutes and they start... I'm lying there... listening to the music, praying, talking to Doug... did I mention that they don't let the husband in while they're shoving a needle into your back... I hate that part.

I'm still laying there waiting... almost holding my breath, waiting for that moment... that moment when you hear the greatest sound in the world... That first time that you hear your baby crying... That first . I'm still waiting and then... like magic, there it is... A big beautiful first from my son... I was in tears... Doug was in tears, the nurse by my head was crying because I had been talking to Doug and he looked at me and we both said Our family is whole now, and started crying even harder... It was so emotional, so perfect, so special... It just felt right... At that moment, all was ok in our little world.

So... it was official. On October 24th, 2007 at 4:18 PM, Our son was born
Aiden Joseph Tupper,
weighing in at 6lbs 7ozs, 19 inches long,
with beautiful black hair and very very white skin..

Everyone in the delivery room laughed about that...

He was still crying and his Apgar was great but then they Neonatal nurse noticed something was quite right and decided to take him to the Nicu, it was that small decision and quick thinking by the nurse that just may have saved him from having so many health difficulties in his life...

My son was born beautiful, but also having PPHN
Persistant Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn... I can't seem to copy and paste so I'll have to get into details later about what is is, but for now... pictures...

After I'm out of recovery and into a room it is then that I insist on going to see my son. So I'm wheeled down and these are some of the pictures that I take...

January 17th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
I guess with all of the commotion, I never realized that he and Libby were born on the same day! It's a beautiful story.. so many last second things, though! I'm glad doug got to be there! whew!

myspace

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search