Camille Lee

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2008, 11:35 AM
ljcbrown's Avatar Super Mommy
The morning of August 2 I was admitted into the hospital for an induciton. I was two weeks overdue and the baby was starting to lose weight. Upon being admitted to the hospital I was only 2cm dialated and 100% effaced. At about 7a.m. they started the pitocin and at 8 my dr came in and broke my water. The contractions kicked in fast and furious. Luckily my nurse, Helen, was fabulous. She was also a midwife so she was very in touch with natural labor. I forgot to mention I could not get an epidural b/c I have a spinal cord condition called syringomyelia. DH is extremely funny and in the beginning he just kept making me laugh. By about 10am I was done laughing. I didn't want anyone talking or touching me. I also wanted darkness. At around 11am I asked my nurse to check me, they hadn't done so since breaking my water. She said she would but not to get discouraged if I wasn't very far. At that time I was 6cm dialated. The whole time I was in labor I was never in bed. I would do squats by the bed, sit on the birthing ball, use the rocking chair, and I made sure to use the potty at least 1 time an hour. At about 12:30 I told the nurse I felt like I needed to push she checked me and said that I had a lip of cervix but that with my next contraction she could push it out of the way so that's what we did. I started pushing right after that. I was in no way prepared for the pain of pushing. I had always read that pushing was a relief from the pain of contractions. That was not the case for me! The first push I almost started to panic then I got a hold of myself and with three pushes she was out. We didn't know the sex of the baby so when they told us it was another girl everyone started crying. Both of my SIL's were there and if it was a girl she was being named after them. One of my SIL actually held my leg and watched her being born. Poor DH kept having to leave the room b/c he was crying so much watching me in pain from the labor.

After her birth is when the drama started. As soon as she was born her cord was too short to hand her to me so they had DH cut the cord right away. Thank God they did. As soon as he cut the cord it detached from the placenta. I have a friend whose baby died when this happened and the cord had not been cut yet. They had to "go in" and get the placenta. This tore me and caused a lot of bleeding. Keep in mind this is without pain meds. Come to find out there were a lot of abnormalities. I had a septum in my placenta, short umbilical cord, and the reason the cord detached is b/c the jelly substance that protects the cord was missing from the top two inches. The cord could have detached at any time in utero. I thank God every day for protecting my beautiful little baby.

Even with all of the pain I would do it again in a second.
Camille Lee 6 lbs 7 oz 19.75 inches long

**Thanks to Cavewoman for the beautiful siggy!**
February 4th, 2008, 08:48 AM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, great story!! How scary to find out how things could of turned out..I'm soo relieved that things went the right way and you have another beautiful baby girl!! I give you sooo much credit for going natural...Great job!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search