David James Trenka May 3rd, 2007

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2008, 02:07 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
David James was due May 29th 2007 but graced this world with his presence on May 3rd 2007 at 3:10am. I guess I will start from the begining. My husband is in the navy and was gone pretty much all of 2007 if it wasnt for awesome friends I am not sure what would have happened. I was not feeling well when I was 31 weeks pregnant not keeping any fluids or food down so I decieded I should go to L&D. I was having what I thought was braxton hicks contractions which I later discovered were not and I was actually in preterm labor. When I got there they hooked me up to monitors and found out I was 75% effaced and 1cm dialted. They gave me steriod shots for David's lungs and hooked me up to Mag to stop the contractions. I was admitted and kept on Mag to stop labor. Well it was not working the next morning I was dialated to 2cm and was about 90% effaced. They then transfered me to another hospital that had an NICU where I stayed for about a week and a half. I left at 1cm dialated and 95% effaced. I was on bed rest from that point until 36 weeks. Well at about 35 weeks I started having lots of swelling blurred vision so my friend Denise and I went to L&D my blood pressure was through the roof. They just seemed to think it was no big deal which I actually Denise could have smacked them. I was admitted and monitor through the night. Blood pressure still high but I was not spilling protein so pre-e was not diagnoised. I was sent home. The next day I had a doctors appointment and they said my blood pressure was to high for them to handle so they sent me back to L&D and then they sent me to another hospital which I was told they were going to prepare to deliever me. Which was not the case they were just giong to have me do another 24 hour urine which I had already done 2 both negative.

Finally a high risk OB doctor had me come in to see him when I was 36 weeks pregnant. He wanted to find a very good reason as to why I was still pregnant. He could not find one. David was already way over 6 pounds and my uterus was just not the right place for him anymore. He checked my cervix and I was 100% effaced and3cm dialated. He scheduled an induction for May 9th which I did not make it to because before I left he stripped my membranes. At about 1pm I started feeling contractions so Denise and I went out for a nice lunch. I was unconfortable but doing okay. I believe at around 5 or 6 I felt ready to go to the hospital. The nurse checked me and I was at 4cm but she said it could just be from my pelvic exam earlier and I was just having uterine irritability. Which was not the case because an hour later I was 5cm. So I was admitted and I wanted my water broken which did not happen she wanted everything to be done natural but oh well. Anyways Denise and I walked around some and then when we got back to the room the urine sample I gave earlier had protein in it. Small amounts but still there so they wanted to get things moving so they hooked me up to some potocin broke my water and gave me mag so I didnt have a seisure. I wish I could have gotten out of bed but Mag requires you to stay in bed. At about 2:30 I started feeling really weird. Like I wasnt even in my own body is the best way I can explain it. Well thats when I was 10cm and ready to push. At 3:10Am David James graced this world with his beautiful face and his tiny kitty cry. He weighed 6lbs 10oz and was19 inches long. I was so happy to be able to have my friend Denise there to hold my hand while David entered the world. My mom also flew up to WA from CA. But I really do not know what I would have done if my wonderful coach Denise was not there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search