My nursing sabbaticle

Forum: Baby Signing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Signing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been preparing today to start me 3 day nursing sabbatical tomorrow (The 3 Day Nursing Sabbatical). I am not sure if that means I'll be online all the time, or if I'll spend very little time at the computer. I'm thinking it will be the latter, so I just wanted to let you all know, in case I go missing over the weekend!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
March 27th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck, I know how important BF'ing is to you so I hope it works out!

I make personalized metal jewelry for mommies, & more: www.caoimhelily.etsy.com

March 28th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I had to postpone it until Tuesday. There's just too much going on here and it really started to stress me out. I'm still preparing for it, and still nursing him as much as I can until then, but I just can't do it until MIL is out of the house (as much as it seems to need done right now)

Thanks for the shout out of support though!

Click the blinkies!

March 29th, 2009, 04:57 PM
mystimay's Avatar Queen LaClotha
Send a message via Yahoo to mystimay
Are you having supply issues?! I hope it is a successful sabbatical

March 29th, 2009, 06:56 PM
^^ Jonah is almost completely formula fed now and it breaks my heart. I am trying to get him to accept the breast again, and produce enough milk to satisfy him without using formula (or at least to use less formula)

I did have a short "sabbatical" yesterday, from 7:00am until about 6:00pm, and my breasts have been leaking ever since, and Jonah has been nursing much better! I'm hoping that means that my full three days will yield good results

Click the blinkies!

March 31st, 2009, 07:16 AM
Nami's Avatar ♥ Mommy of three ♥
I hope it goes well for you! I know how badly you want this. I also understand how hard it can be. I wanted nothing more than to be able to breastfeed my son but sadly was unable to produce any milk at all. I was heartbroken every time I had to bottle feed him. Good luck, I wish you the best.

April 19th, 2009, 03:05 PM
How'd it go, ***?
April 23rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
^^The sabbatical and the week following went really well! It boosted my supply, and got Jonah's interest back (he even lifted my shirt in front of DH's co-workers when we went to pick DH up in the middle of the sabbatical. He hadn't been that proactive about nursing in months!)

But, he quickly lost interest again That was my last effort, so I'm going to stop pushing it. He still nurses, but his main source of nourishment is formula If I were able to do a sabbatical about every two weeks I think we'd be able to get back to breast but it isn't a realistic goal anymore and I just had to let go. It still kills me, but I try not to think on it too often and try to put 110% into all of the other things that are important to me as a mommy.

Click the blinkies!

April 24th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Nami's Avatar ♥ Mommy of three ♥
I know how hard this is on you and I am so sorry you have to go through this.

For the next kid have you though about keeping your placenta? I heard you can make it into pill form and it helps a great deal with your milk supply.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search