What time of day

Forum: Baby Signing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Signing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What time of day do you sign most often with your child? Is there a certain event that seems to have more signs associated with it?

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 27th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
For us it would probably be early morning, after we get back from bringing Ashton to school. Kiki will play for a while by herself, and then before her nap we will walk around the house looking at things and practice signing.

The next most frequent signing time would be at mealtimes, when we practice Eat, More, and All Done.

I make personalized metal jewelry for mommies, & more: www.caoimhelily.etsy.com

April 27th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is a good idea to take her around the house to show her things and practice signing. We might have to try that

We definitely sign the most at mealtime. I think it is because he is in his high chair, right up to our level and really paying attention to a lot of things. At dinner time, especially, the whole family is there so we sign all of the family members like Daddy, Grandma, Grandpa etc.

Second to that is potty time/diaper changing time. Again, he is to our level so he is really focusing on us. Also, potty time for us is a HUGE communication time. EC really helps us strengthen our communication bonds KWIM? I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone who doesn't use elimination communication LOL It might be one of those things that sounds weird unless you've experienced it

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 27th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It does make sense...EC takes a lot of time, effort, and communication! We tried it, but only lasted about an hour, lol. She kept peeing through all the towels and blankets and I couldn't keep up! We'll try again when she's a little older.

I make personalized metal jewelry for mommies, & more: www.caoimhelily.etsy.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search