Been gone a long time

Forum: Baby Signing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Signing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
But i'd like to come back if that's possible. I started signing with my son right from age of about 6 months and he is now 17 months. I thought at one point he was actually signing but i guess he wasn't as he stopped just as quick as he started so i got discouraged and left this board. I was persistent in signing because i knew the benefit and although he understood me he just wouldn't. It wasn't up until a couple months ago that he actually started signing that i knew he was signing. Each day for the last week he has realized that he can communicate like that and is enjoying it, i mean actually enjoying it. Can i come back and maybe get some more pointers and share experiences with you all?
August 30th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Of course you can come back!!! I was actually planning on sending you a PM tomorrow to see how things were going! I have been wondering!

Jonah stopped signing for quite a while too. It was really odd. He was picking up signs left and right, and then he stopped suddenly. Wouldn't do a single one! It was discouraging, I know how you feel. Everyone told me I was crazy, and it must not be that great if he won't do it now. But you know what? One day he started asking for his milk, and telling us he was all done, and that he could hear the birds (our pet parrots) squawking.

I'm glad that you came back, and that you are continuing to give your toddler this amazing gift of communication! Please jump right back into the conversations!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
August 30th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks!
August 31st, 2009, 12:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome back!

I make personalized metal jewelry for mommies, & more: www.caoimhelily.etsy.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search