Found a Local Group!

Forum: Baby Signing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Signing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got an email from a friend of mine in our playgroup. It was an invitation to a "Signing With Babies Meetup Group." Apparantly, Meetup Groups is a website kinda like YahooGroups, where you can find local interest groups.

Anyway, this group meets at least once a month to talk about signing etc. Their next meeting is tomorrow! I'm taking Jonah. I'm pretty excited about it!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
January 27th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is great! Did you two have fun?

I make personalized metal jewelry for mommies, & more: www.caoimhelily.etsy.com

January 28th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was meaning to update on this yesterday, but my mom came to visit and she arrived as soon as we got back.

It was a good meeting, as far as being able to go and talk to a few other parents about signing, and just our babies in general. But the actual meeting was kind of bleh. The meeting description said we were going to play Zingo, which is like picture bingo. But I thought we would only be doing that for a few minutes, not the entire meeting. It was actually a good idea, and one I think really helped parents and the babies/toddlers learn signs. We all got our Zingo card, which had nine pictures on it, and the lady drew a tile and did the sign for the picture. If we had the picture on our card we had to shout out really fast that we had it, and we got the tile to mark our card.

This game took FOOOORRRREEEEEVVVVEEERRRR. First of all, only one person at a time could mark off their picture/sign if it was on their card. If two people had that sign then the one who called out last had to wait until it was drawn again. Also, she played it so that the whole card had to be covered, not just a row. About ten minutes into the first game, all of the children lost interest, completely. They were all over the place, not getting anything out of it anymore. And the parents couldn't really participate either because we were all running after the kids LOL

We played this game THREE times. It was really strange. You'd think she'd notice that no one was playing anymore. But I did enjoy seeing the other families, and there was a familiar face there from Jonah's music class as well so that was great. I'm really trying hard to get out and be social. It's so hard when I have lived my whole life in one little town to suddenly be uprooted to a brand new area. I think we'll go again next month.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search