We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
1. How did you hear about Baby Signing? I learned about it while doing research on language acquisition for a college paper.
2. Were you "sold" on it right away, or did you have to consider it for a while before deciding that it was right for your family? After reading about some of the studies that were done on children and sign language in general (in the deaf community as well as kids learning signs who could hear) I wanted to use it in my classroom. When that worked so well, there was no doubt in my mind that I would sign to my babies!
3. Did you know before starting which signs you wanted your child to learn first? I knew I wanted to use signs for the most basic needs, so that he could tell me when he needed something.
4.How did you pick the signs that you introduced first? I decided what he would probably need the most would be to communicate when he's hungry, so we chose the sign "milk" for nursing first.
5. Did you have a difficult time learning the signs yourself? They came pretty easily for me, but some of the signs were confusing because all I had were poorly drawn pictures
Click the blinkies!
Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
1. How did you hear about Baby Signing? I'm not sure. I know I read about it doing research in college, but don't know if I knew about it prior to that or not. It's possible my SIL may have introduced me before that research.
2. Were you "sold" on it right away, or did you have to consider it for a while before deciding that it was right for your family? I was sold right away because I saw it as a way to reduce baby's frustration.
3. Did you know before starting which signs you wanted your child to learn first? I sign a lot of things to them, so didn't really think about anything in particular. We are signing things they need like milk, bath, nap etc.
4.How did you pick the signs that you introduced first? Signs they need
5. Did you have a difficult time learning the signs yourself? No, but I knew the signs before. I've only learned a few new animal signs since signing with the girls.
Thank you peimum for my siggie
Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday 365 Days in a Roe