We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
2. How many have you signed with? All of mine and I also signed with the twins I looked after for a while.
3. Will you encourage your older kids to sign with your younger kids? I encourage my niece and nephew to already, and will continue to teach/sign with our children, so I sincerely hope they will continue to sign with each other.
4. Do your older kids still enjoy signing I have no older kids of my own, my niece and nephew don't see much point much of the time, however. Rebecca knows signs they've never even seen!
5. Do your older kids understand your baby's signs and respond to them? Niece and nephew understand when she says eat and thank you, they don't know most of her other signs, which frustrates her to no end, lol...
1.How many kids do you have? One, and pregnant with one!
2. How many have you signed with? So far just one of my own, but many many many other children that aren't mine!
3. Will you encourage your older kids to sign with your younger kids? Absolutely! It doesn't look like Jonah will be dropping his signs any time soon, so we'll still be using sign laguage with him when the new baby arrives anyway
4. Do your older kids still enjoy signing n/a, but Jonah is getting to the age where kids usually drop signs. I think since he can't speak verbally, he is holding onto his signs for longer than most kids do. Hopefully he will continue to enjoy signing AND speaking throughout his childhood!
5. Do your older kids understand your baby's signs and respond to them? Jonah's cousin understands when Jonah is telling him he's thirsty, but most of the signs he doesn't know. I'm hoping that Jonah will remember the meanings of the signs when his sister gets old enough to use them, so that he can tell me if she is needing something if she signs to him
Click the blinkies!
Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!