Baby Signing Company

Forum: Baby Signing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Signing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Larkin121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

I was reading over your board the other day to learn about baby signing and came across a link to babysigns.com. When I went there, I clicked on careers and found that you can work from home with their business. You get trained in their program and then create workshops and classes in your area. They claim you make $16,000 a year for about 5 hours of work per week.

Has anyone done this/heard of this? I'm really interested. I'm expecting my first baby (unplanned) and my fiance and I can use any extra money we can get. I'm hoping to get a full time job as a teacher in fall, but he will be going to school full time and only working part time.... plus I won't get paid during maternity leave. The idea of getting paid to be in a room with parents and their babies, teaching useful things like signing seems like fun, and goes along with my interest in teaching. What do you girls think of this business opportunity? Do you know anyone who has done it or do you know if this company is reputable?

April 20th, 2005, 11:10 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Well I saw that on babysigns too. I think when it comes to business ideas the amount of money you can make varies a lot. I think this would be a great way to make money but where you live may be a factor. I certainly think this is something you could look into. Maybe you could start doing it part time now to get things going. You could also contact daycare centers, homeschool groups, libraries, or anywhere to see about scheduling a class. Have people register and pay a fee to attend. I think its a great idea and if you were in my area I would be interested.

Visit us at the Am I Pregnant board.
Are you trying to lose weight or get in shape? Stop by the Mommy Fitness board and say hello.

***Find me on Facebook!***
April 20th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Larkin121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for your opinion! I live near between Seattle and Tacoma, WA, and when I checked out their current business people in WA, there weren't really any around here. The city I live in, and surrounding cities, is really big. Our school district alone has 35 schools. So I imagine I could find a lot of people, if this is the sort of thing that people like. And being a teacher, I'm thinking I'd probably like teaching this class. I'll look into it further, maybe contact someone who is currently working on this business to see if they have any success.

Thanks again for responding!

April 20th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Grantsmom's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Grantsmom
Hi! I think thats awesome that you are interested in promoting a workshop or class for parents and their kids. I ran across this board today (on a previous link from Patty) and they have a forum about starting a signing business. It doesn't have alot of post but you might find some more info or advice. Good Luck!
<span style="font-family:Optima">>>>Gina Mom to Grant (5/16/03) & preparing to TTC #2!!</span>

<span style="font-family:Geneva">Come visit the Baby Signing Forum!!</span>
April 24th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Regular
Hopefully this helps. I am and Independent Certified Instructor for Baby Signs® and I LOVE it. I got involved because I started using signs with my son 2+ years ago. Through purchasing there book, I found an instructor in my state (yes, there was only 1 in VT) and before I knew it, I got involved and am now an ICI. I do this because I love it, and I love helping other parents and Childcare Providers learn how to communicate with the children. As to the amount of money, that depends on how many classes, participants, etc. But, I am in a very rural area and I for this month I have 5 Parent Workshops and just started 2 sessions of the 6-week programs Sign Say & Play. And more scheduled for May.

If you have any more questions let me know.

Take care,
Brenda
<font color="#0000FF">GET EXCITED AND COME BE SUCCESSFUL WITH US!
Join a team who together are working from home and loving it. We work for ourselves, but never by ourselves.
No Selling/ Stocking Products or Home Sales Parties.
100% Risk Free and member of the BBB!</font>
<font color="#FF0000">For more information visit: <font color="#FF0000">http://timewithkids.stayinhomeandlovinit.com</font></font>
Brenda Stanley

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search