websites?

Forum: Graphic and Web Design

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Graphic and Web Design LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2008, 05:06 PM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know this is gonna sound like a REALLY dumb question, but i need to ask

HOW do you create a website? ive been googling and come across various 'web-hosting' and 'web & domain hosting' things, and I took a look at some of them but was a bit puzzled by everything

There was diffrent 'web space' limits, and bandwiths, i dont even know what they mean! lol Am i even going in the right direction by looking at these hosting things

I almost forgot to add, im going to be setting up a site to offer peronalised birth announcements ect so i will have to place lots of examples ect....so i have no idea how much space i will need.

Im hoping one of you pros can help this noob to all this LOL.

Thanks in advance ladies xxxx

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
July 22nd, 2008, 02:56 PM
idachick's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to idachick
Yes you're on the right track . At the most basic level a website is a file or files (your website pages) that are hosted somewhere. There are free services out there, but in my opinion, it's really not that expensive to pay for hosting somewhere and you get full freedom with paid hosting whereas you might have to have the free hosting company's advertising on your site/really limited website site etc.

As far as the size of a hosting package to buy, unless you are planning on having a massive site (comparable to say a huge corporation that gets daily visitor #'s in the hundreds of thousands or more), the most basic package they offer should be more than big enough space-wise. If you aren't sure (like there are different features offered between several plans that you are comparing), please either post on here or pm me and I'd be more than happy to explain what you're looking at .

Don't worry--there are no stupid questions and the only way that you learn is to ask questions--lots of questions!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search