mind if I join you ladies?

Forum: Graphic and Web Design

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Graphic and Web Design LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evenblindly's Avatar lost 28lbs in 90 days!
Send a message via Yahoo to Evenblindly
Hi all, I followed an invite from Cei Cei on over, Im excited to see what this board is all about! Im Jessica, Mom to Caidance (4) and Ember (1). I recently started creating a website but Im having some frustrations with it, and Im not all that excited about the end product, although Im thrilled to be "open for business" finally. I think I could have a better site, so hopefully I can find that help here! Im kinda a rambler so anyways hope to get to know everyone! if you have any ?'s feel free to ask.

And I do it FREE check out more info ----->> http://jessicakopac.myvi.net/
Thank you Vicki for my AWESOME siggy!!

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/evenblindly?ref=tn_tnmn

"I will walk by faith, even when i cannot see! because this broken road prepares your will for me"

Last edited by Evenblindly; April 10th, 2009 at 08:08 PM.
April 10th, 2009, 08:07 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Welcome to the board, Jessica!!!! So glad you decided to check in.

I know what you mean about being frustrated with your site. Especially, if it's your first one. I think I have redesigned my business site about 6 times and even now I am not satisfied about it.

But I am sure you can get the help you need here. I am just trying to get things started again on this board, so please bare with me. I will be adding some tutorials, especially for web design in the subforum and posting some quick tips once I get everything together.

Can you tell me exactly what you need help with?

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

April 10th, 2009, 08:07 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei

I know what you mean about being frustrated with your site. Especially, if it's your first one. I think I have redesigned my business site about 6 times and even now I am not satisfied about it.

But I am sure you can get the help you need here. I am just trying to get things started again on this board, so please bare with me. I will be adding some tutorials, especially for web design in the subforum and posting some quick tips once I get everything together.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

April 11th, 2009, 05:34 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay, Jessica! I'm glad to see you here!!! CeiCei is GREAT about helping with web design! She's helping me a bit myself! I'm not sure if you remember on CP that I posted about becoming a SAHM but a web development opportunity just kinda fell in my lap through a fellow church member. Well, I decided to accept the opportunity & start creating web pages & CeiCei has shown me several tutorials. I haven't actually developed my first web site yet but I'm just about to.

BTW, I clicked on the link to your new site in your siggie & it actually worked for me! I honestly LOVE the new site layout much better! It's neater & looks more professional, in my humble opinion. The only thing I think may be a slight bit confusing is the products tab. And this is just my opinion but I think that if you could put the prices in a caption under the bows it would help lessen the confusion tremendously. I noticed that if you hover above them they show up in a tool tip but my fear is that most people aren't going to instinctually know that. Anyways, just my opinions since you asked for them!

Oh, I noticed you have a shopping cart now! Woo-hoo! Is that why you changed websites???

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
April 11th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Evenblindly's Avatar lost 28lbs in 90 days!
Send a message via Yahoo to Evenblindly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~InHisHands~ View Post
Yay, Jessica! I'm glad to see you here!!! CeiCei is GREAT about helping with web design! She's helping me a bit myself! I'm not sure if you remember on CP that I posted about becoming a SAHM but a web development opportunity just kinda fell in my lap through a fellow church member. Well, I decided to accept the opportunity & start creating web pages & CeiCei has shown me several tutorials. I haven't actually developed my first web site yet but I'm just about to.

BTW, I clicked on the link to your new site in your siggie & it actually worked for me! I honestly LOVE the new site layout much better! It's neater & looks more professional, in my humble opinion. The only thing I think may be a slight bit confusing is the products tab. And this is just my opinion but I think that if you could put the prices in a caption under the bows it would help lessen the confusion tremendously. I noticed that if you hover above them they show up in a tool tip but my fear is that most people aren't going to instinctually know that. Anyways, just my opinions since you asked for them!

Oh, I noticed you have a shopping cart now! Woo-hoo! Is that why you changed websites???
yea, I liked this sites options much more, but it still only allows 5 things inthe shopping cart section, unless I upgrade. I dont know if I can add the amounts under the icons... Ive tried. I know if you click it to enlarge than all the prices and details are there. other than that I dont know how to change it. but thank you for checking it out! I think it looks much more professional as well. and maybe more welcoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeiCei View Post

I dont know exactly what I will need help with yet, except maybe getting those numbers under the icons, this site is much easier to work with than the first. Since Im working with a free website hosting site, there is probably not much I can do right now to fix small issues like that though is there?

And I do it FREE check out more info ----->> http://jessicakopac.myvi.net/
Thank you Vicki for my AWESOME siggy!!

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/evenblindly?ref=tn_tnmn

"I will walk by faith, even when i cannot see! because this broken road prepares your will for me"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search