SEO help! Long story...

Forum: Graphic and Web Design

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Graphic and Web Design LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2009, 08:12 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, so I went to the guy's house to visit with him (& his partner) & learn about his company to get an idea for designing or finishing the design for a web site for him... of course this is my first project. I think the designing/wording will probably be pretty easy once I get into it but the thing that I am most nervous about is what I believe is essentially SEO. As they described what they want they said that they want to be up there (like in the top 10 or somewhere near the top so that they can be noticed when people do a search) when someone does a google/yahoo search on certain keywords like concrete design, polishing, etc.

Now I'm really unsure how to go about doing this. I plan to do a google search on SEO probably tomorrow & start learning what I can on the subject. Any helpful advice, websites, or anything that you may know of that can help me out???

TIA!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
April 28th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Kilikina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Kilikina
I have some videos (I wonder how I can get them to you) that my husband found for me last week on this subject. I have still yet to view them, so i will cpy them or do something to see how I can get them to you. From what he told me - they are very good and very detailed.

"Splish splash I was taking a bath!"

I design custom photo cards and websites. For more
information please check my 2 websites:
http://www.designsbykristina.ca
http://www.q1media.net
or send me an email: kduverna@q1business.net

April 29th, 2009, 03:55 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, that would be wonderful (if you could do that). Of course, CeiCei has mentioned SEO often but nothing in the way of tutorials so she may know something more when she gets back from vacation.

I wonder if you could email or mail them to me (if you can copy them or whatever). I can send you my email or mailing address through your email or even a PM.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
May 3rd, 2009, 11:18 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
I do have something that I am putting together regarding SEO. I should be finished with it by Friday. Until then the best place to look into for SEO help is Google. Look into Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools. You can create one account in Google Analytics and add several websites to monitor their statistics and get very valuable information on keywords and such.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search