Marketing Ideas

Forum: Graphic and Web Design

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Graphic and Web Design LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Kilikina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Kilikina
Hello

Just wondering if we can all brain storm to come up with some good ideas to market ourselves. I know I am at a crossroads right now to really get myself out there. I am looking to market myself but have no ideas. Anything that won't cost to much is an added bonus (like how Kijiji is free). I am just coming alot of people who offer what I do (wedding invitations, birth announcements and scuh) for $15 - BUT that is for a design already made. I offer pre-made designs my self that someone could pick off my site for $15 aswell - which gives the option for people who have a small budget. But what I really want to promote is my custom made designs - each design unique and new to the client. That is what I charge the $45 for - it takes time for a good design so personally think that it is reasonable.

I am wondering also if I need to rethink my wording slightly. Right now I say personalized photocard designs but that is what they say on the cards for $15 - I guess really any card that is pre-made can be personalized with their wedding or birth stats and their pics, but a custom design is completely from scratch made for that client.

So just let me know what your thoughts are. Any marketing ideas or things you have done that have worked?

Just brainstorming here so I am open to all kinds of ideas.

"Splish splash I was taking a bath!"

I design custom photo cards and websites. For more
information please check my 2 websites:
http://www.designsbykristina.ca
http://www.q1media.net
or send me an email: kduverna@q1business.net

May 5th, 2009, 05:08 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Do you have any business cards for yourself made? I have found when helping my mother with her business that if you post your business card at supermarkets and places with bulletin boards you can draw business.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

May 5th, 2009, 05:37 PM
LadyViola's Avatar Mega-Super-Platinum Lady
Another good idea is to create a business page on Facebook. Its totally free and I actually got a good PAYING repeat customer via my facebook page.

May 5th, 2009, 05:58 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Blogs in general are always an excellent idea for marketing. And adding them to your website is not only great for your SEO but helps with your marketing.

Try adding a newsletter to your website. Providing tutorials, tips, your blogs, etc. can help gain business (and that word again SEO).

I like personally business exchanges. Offer to exchange a particular service with another small business owner. Look into businesses that you can help and they can help you.

Blogs in general are always an excellent idea for marketing. And adding them to your website is not only great for your SEO but helps with your marketing.

Try adding a newsletter to your website. Providing tutorials, tips, your blogs, etc. can help gain business (and that word again SEO).

I like personally business exchanges. Offer to exchange a particular service with another small business owner. Look into businesses that you can help and they can help you.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search