Social Networking

Forum: Graphic and Web Design

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By JessMation
  • 1 Post By mamasang
  • 1 Post By SWFLbaby
  • 1 Post By leo_tribemechanics

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Graphic and Web Design LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you used social networking sites such as facebook, twitter etc to advertise your business or keep clients updated?

I have decided this week that I'm going to have to add a twitter to the site my DH and I run, even though I hate it with a passion!

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

July 11th, 2010, 10:19 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a facebook page and a blog for my businees. I have a twitter but haven't really used it for my business.

July 13th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I've spent this week setting up social networking for one of my business sites so nect week I'm going to do the same for my designing.

Co-Host of

July 28th, 2010, 07:08 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
I am a social networking nuts so I have Twitter, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, Facebook, a blog and other services I use to help promote my business. The hard part is keeping up with everything. Since I have a full time day job and sometimes I tend to bring work home I don't invest the time I really need to keep it productive.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

July 30th, 2010, 04:47 AM
I was thinking about LinkedIn as well but haven't gotten round to that yet. I haven't really used StumbleUpon, what is it used for?

Co-Host of

July 30th, 2010, 07:13 AM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
StumbleUpon is more along the lines of recommending websites that you might think others are interested. I have had my account for some time, but just started using it like last week. Will try to recommend more small business related articles I see.

Linked in is great especially when it comes to connecting with other businesses. I love the groups they have. It's more like a business resume/netoworking website.

You know there is also MerchantCircle that I have been signed up with for some time now too. They great for like coupons and connecting with businesses in your area. I believe they also have a blog attached to their service too.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

January 10th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I've used facebook, twitter, linked in, merchant circle.... I just started twitter and became quit hooked! There's this program that is called www twiends com that allows you to friend and then be friended to increase your following... It's much like a game really!
January 23rd, 2011, 11:38 AM
How do you guys use twitter for marketing? I know it works, but do you just run around adding everyone you know, or can find? It seems so crazy to me! I don't understand how to find subscribers
tmac likes this.
April 13th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Yeah Facebook, twitter, stumbleupon and digg are up on my list.
tmac likes this.
June 3rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
Yes I am using both Facebook page and Twitter which are the best way to advertise your business through your website and earn a lot .

Vishal Bhatia

Last edited by Jaqueskallis; June 10th, 2011 at 09:51 PM.
June 29th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I have Twitter, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, Facebook, a blog and other services I use to help promote my business. The hard part is keeping up with everything. Since I have a full time day job and sometimes I tend to bring work home I don't invest the time I really need to keep it productiveForerunner 610 Review
January 23rd, 2013, 04:29 AM
I am a social networking nuts so I have Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, a blog and other services I use to help promote my business. The hard part is keeping up with everything. . It's more like a business resume/netoworking website.
June 22nd, 2013, 11:06 AM
Veteran
I use facebook, Pinterest, and blogging. As others have said, the hardest part is having time for all of them!
tmac likes this.
November 13th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I use Twitter, LinkedIn and Slideshare. I'm not finding Twitter to be very effective other than to give authenticity (people think if you have an active twitter account with what looks like real stuff - then you must be a real live business - but they won't necessarily buy from you). The best thing I am finding is using all these things to steer people to a mailing list, so I can keep in more frequent contact with them.
tmac likes this.
December 31st, 2013, 10:16 PM
I use twitter and Facebook for my business development. The social networking sites are a profit to business person and convenience to customers. I have got the responsive and adaptive mobile design for my site from the miami programmers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search