How To Created A Photo Contest Page?

Forum: Graphic and Web Design

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Graphic and Web Design LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2011, 06:44 PM
foxfire_ga79
Hey all. Just got a quick question. I'm helping out a small private school by organizing fundraisers, and today we got the idea to have a monthly photography contest where a person could enter photos for $5 each and each month there would be a winner who would get $25.
HOW do I set up a page so that they submit a photo and pay to do so at the same time?
In fact, we would like to set it up so that parents can pay tuition and people can make donations/buy t shirts...Will that be easy enough by adding PayPal buttons or is there something more involved I need to try and do?

Thanks!
June 3rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Sorry it took so long to make a response. PayPal is perfect for simple billing including recurring payments and subscriptions. However, in order for them to upload photos and make payments you will need to use a form service or a script that allows uploads. Using a script also means your web host will allow you permissions to upload using either CGI/PHP or ASP. I did find a link for you that has a list of possible online form services, but there are limits.

http://vandelaydesign.com/blog/tools/web-forms/

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

June 13th, 2011, 09:46 AM
foxfire_ga79
Sorry, I didn't know I had a reply! And thank you so much for the information. I've kind of had to step up and do the school's website since the parent who has been taking care of it up until now has had to stop. My only website experience is that I used to sell puppies and had a little site just for information, nothing interactive. lol This is a whole new thing to me!
But thanks for getting back to me and for that link.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search