Update on me

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Leigha24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I've been having contractions now for a few days lol. I was having Braxton Hicks ones that didn't hurt (those were the good old days lol). Tuesday afternoon I started recording the contractions after my lunch break, and they were pretty much every hour. That continued into the night, so I got zero sleep. Then yesterday they started out an hour apart, and got to every half an hour by noon. Talk about a rough day at work I didn't get much accomplished at all.. I was so tired, on top of that, the pain was getting more intense.

Last night, was more of the same. I do believe it hurts worse when I'm lying down. They've been pretty consistent but never getting closer than like 20 minutes apart. I lost my mucus plug on Tuesday at work, so I know it's only a matter of time. I'm 38 weeks now so I'm ready LOL. I stayed home from work today, to try to get some rest, and I was up by 7:45 am (go figure). Joe stayed home with me in case something happens. I have a dr appt at 3:30 so I'll see what progress I've made if any.

We put the car seat in the car last night. I also finished what I could of her baby memory book I got from Hallmark. I went through Snapfish and had some prints developed so I could pick them up at Walgreens. So the baby book has everything in it, except the stuff for after she's born It took forever writing in all the gifts from showers etc lol.

I'm working on getting something together to put her handprints or footprints on for our parents. The hospital said during our tour that anything we want her handprints/footprints on, to bring with us and they'll do it for us after she's born. There's no limit so I'm taking FULL advantage of that LOL. This is the poem I'm putting on the handprints I think:

"My little hands play patty-cake
They peek-a-boo and wave
They catch me when I learn to walk
And splash me when I bathe.
My little hands reach up to you
For hugs before I sleep
And fold together when I pray
The Lord my soul to keep.
My little hands are tiny now
But yours will serve to guide me
And when I´m grown I´ll still reach out
And know that you´re beside me."

I was really impressed with the hospital I'm delivering at. The rooms look like nice hotel rooms, they hide all the medical stuff behind moveable photo frames on the walls. There are jacuzzi tubs, large rooms, chair-to-fold-out-beds for your support person, etc. Plus the entire wing is less than 4 yrs old and they implemented soundproof walls for the rooms. We were there when women were laboring and you could hear a pin drop in the hallway it was so quiet. It's nice, I won't have to worry about others interrupting my rest and my visitors interrupting someone else's.

Anyways, I just thought I'd update seeing as how it's been a while since I did. Hope all is well girls, and please if you could send some prayers up for some relief soon. Contractions hurt! LOL

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful sig!!!

July 24th, 2008, 07:50 AM
~~Katrina~~'s Avatar My other car is a TARDIS
Oh Leigha, I'm so excited for you! I bet you'll be holding little Natalie in your arms before you know it. You sound more than ready to deliver, so I hope she makes her grand entrance soon. I'm a bit envious that you've already filled out so much in her baby book, I have yet to finish all the info for Brendan's and he's 4 1/2 months old already! Please keep us updated on your progress. I know we are all anxious to hear of her birth. All three of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Kristy (*Kiliki*) for the awesome siggy!!

July 24th, 2008, 09:00 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Thanks for the update Leigha! That's so exciting she's coming so soon!!! That's great you've got so much done in her baby book, I need to get one. Lots of prayers headed your way~!!!

July 24th, 2008, 09:18 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Lots of prayer and ELV's headed your way!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
July 24th, 2008, 10:53 AM
seg79's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to seg79
oh yeah!!!! i pray you have an easy birth!!! i'm so excited for you!
July 24th, 2008, 12:27 PM
mouse_1203's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so excited for you Leigha! I'm praying for you!

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/189e0d" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
July 24th, 2008, 02:01 PM
dettmer26's Avatar I have issues....
Send a message via MSN to dettmer26 Send a message via Yahoo to dettmer26
Thoughts and prayers for easy L+D!! Can't wait to see pics of your new little darling!

LOVE the poem, BTW!!

::: My Siggies :::PM me with Requests:::

Want a personalized greeting card, invite or announcement? Visit my blog! http://www.dettmerdesigns.blogspot.com
July 24th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Leigha24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I'm not dialated although I am 70% effaced. The contractions are still coming. My dr put me off work though, so hopefully I'll be able to get some rest. I was just hoping to hear a little different news in terms of progress, but whenever God decides to let her come, we'll be ready!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful sig!!!

July 24th, 2008, 08:13 PM
~~Katrina~~'s Avatar My other car is a TARDIS
Don't be too bummed out about the lack of dialation. I was only a fingertip dilated within 48 hours of delivery with both of my boys, so you can go real quickly once things get going. That's wonderful that you're 70% thinned out though, she must be pushing down, so I bet you'll start dialating soon. Get as much rest as you can now, you'll be busier than ever as soon as little Natalie arrives!

Thanks Kristy (*Kiliki*) for the awesome siggy!!

July 24th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Come out baby Natalie!!
July 25th, 2008, 12:37 AM
skinnermom's Avatar Veteran
Wow! Seems like it won't be much longer now. ELV going your way. I can't wait to meet her.
Andrew - 6 years old
Matthew - 4 years old
July 25th, 2008, 06:28 AM
yahtzeecat1981's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to yahtzeecat1981
Praying for an easy labor for you!

Thank You nvr.4.gtn for my PERFECT siggy!
July 25th, 2008, 03:32 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay Leigha!! I'm so very excited for you! Don't sweat the not being dilated thing at all. Those contractions are definitely working if you are effaced that much. I didn't dilate with either one of my girls until I actually went into labor and they were 10 days and 3 weeks early, respectively. Like you, though, I did efface before I went into actual labor. I cannot WAIT to see your precious little sweetie!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

July 26th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, wow! I can't believe how close you are now! What an exciting time!!

Thank you, Jessica/dettmer26, for my new siggy!

July 26th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Veteran
Very excited for you and your family. God is with you girl!

Proud mom of 2 Boys!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search