my daughters sonogram results

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
the sonogram showed a uterus and a normal size one but they couldnt see ovaries. he seemed to think that the test wasnt done properly and so hes sending us to a better hospital.he said hes sure there are ovaries and that shes fine .as for the opening he said theres no reason to do anything to it because she doesnt need it to be open. when she goes through puberty it should open on its own because of estrogen.

thanks so much for the prayers and please pray that it will open because he said if it doesnt open by then she will need to have surgery.

[img]

July 24th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Leigha24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad they're being thorough, I'm just sorry she has to go through all this. I'll keep the prayers coming your way!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful sig!!!

July 25th, 2008, 12:38 AM
skinnermom's Avatar Veteran
I hope you continue to get good news, and that she does not have to have surgery.
Andrew - 6 years old
Matthew - 4 years old
July 25th, 2008, 06:26 AM
yahtzeecat1981's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to yahtzeecat1981
Praise the Lord! That's great news!

Thank You nvr.4.gtn for my PERFECT siggy!
July 25th, 2008, 09:20 AM
dettmer26's Avatar I have issues....
Send a message via MSN to dettmer26 Send a message via Yahoo to dettmer26
I am happy to hear this! I am going to PM you!

::: My Siggies :::PM me with Requests:::

Want a personalized greeting card, invite or announcement? Visit my blog! http://www.dettmerdesigns.blogspot.com
July 25th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks ladies!

[img]

July 25th, 2008, 02:05 PM
seg79's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to seg79
Im missing something...I'm sorry but what exactly is going on?
July 25th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
she has no vaginal opening so the dr. sent her to have a sonogram done to make sure she has her inside girl parts.

[img]

July 25th, 2008, 03:28 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure if this is the same thing as what is happening with your daughter, but my opening was partially shut and I had to have surgery to open it up. That didn't happen until I was 22 years old because I didn't realize that it was even closed really (well, I knew something was odd down there, but not exactly what was going on until I went to have my first pap smear before I got married). Oh my goodness, I cannot believe I'm actually typing this. Anyways, the same thing started to happen with Tyrael about a year ago and we had to use estrogen cream to open it back up. I periodically check to see that it is still all the way open. If your daughter does have to have surgery, you really wouldn't have to do it right away if you are concerned about them putting her under at such a young age. As far as the actual surgery goes, it really wasn't that bad and was an outpatient thing.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

July 25th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks so much for telling me that dina. i have talked to hubby and we're going to get a second opinion because the dr. wants to just leave it. he said that once she starts puberty it would open on its own(which ive heard from many people now might not be the case)so has your daughters closed more then once or did the cream work right away?if you're not comfortable answering i understand. about the surgery-i was thinking it would be better if she was younger then older because then she wouldnt know or remember. also,online it says that she would need surgery because it could cause pain when she is supposed to get her period and then pain of course when she has sex. idk what to think now.

[img]

July 26th, 2008, 09:05 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
thanks so much for telling me that dina. i have talked to hubby and we're going to get a second opinion because the dr. wants to just leave it. he said that once she starts puberty it would open on its own(which ive heard from many people now might not be the case)so has your daughters closed more then once or did the cream work right away?if you're not comfortable answering i understand. about the surgery-i was thinking it would be better if she was younger then older because then she wouldnt know or remember. also,online it says that she would need surgery because it could cause pain when she is supposed to get her period and then pain of course when she has sex. idk what to think now.[/b]
Well, the doctor had us try just plain vasaline first to open it (it was just closed in one spot because we caught it early enough). That didn't work so we moved on to the estrogen cream. We only had to use that for a few days and it opened right up. Now if I see that it's getting irritated down there, I just put some vasaline on it as a preventative thing. I haven't had to use the estrogen cream except for that one time.

When it happened to me, I didn't even know that it was closed a bit (mine was not closed all the way like your daughters is....it was just kind of sutchered together in one spot). It never caused me any pain whatsoever. Tyrael's, on the other hand, did cause her pain when she went to the bathroom once and that is how the doctor knew to look for it. As for the period thing, I couldn't ever use a tampon until after I had the surgery and I obviously didn't have sex until after that either--it really would have been impossible. If your daughter does need surgery (which, she very well may), you really wouldn't have to do it now unless it is causing her pain or something. I just would worry about having her put under unless that is absolutely necessary at her young age, KWIM?

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

July 26th, 2008, 09:14 AM
seg79's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to seg79
oh wow...thats so interesting. i have never heard of this! I'll be praying for your daughter and you......have faith momma, she'll be ok
July 26th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a good update! I pray everything will go smoothly for your precious daughter!

Thank you, Jessica/dettmer26, for my new siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search