my birth story

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i woke up at 4am to horrible back pain. i knew that i wasnt far along but i couldnt handle the pain( i had my other two drug free so imagine how painful that had to be) i get to the hospital at 630am and they tell me i have a high fever and both mine and babys heart rates are high so they're admitting me even though im only 1cm dilated.they think i have an infection somewhere. so they want to get my fever down and then induce because of an infection.(after doing blood tests they say its either in the uterus or really bad back labor) im not real sure on times but they started pitocin a few hours later. after 10 hours of not dilating i got stadol(iv drugs).i was out in seriously less then 2 minutes lol. i was in and out for 2 hours,hubby got a back massager and was massaging me the whole time. i was only a 4 and the pitocin was making babys heart rate drop so they said csection is highly likely. they stopped pitocin for awhile. started it again,got more stadol a couple hours later. i was out again.i woke up to the nurse giving hubby instructions about what would happen in the er. FINALLY the pain will be gone. i fall back asleep. i wake up to the dr checking me and my water breaking(i was at a 7) so he wants to continue to go natural because he didnt think it would be more then an hour. and he was right.at 10:44pm thursday,may 28th after 18 hours 44 minutes of back labor Malachi Ezekiel was born weighing 7lbs 12oz and 19 3/4 inches long. he was born on what would have been my uncles 50th birthday.he died in a house fire in 92 i believe. we wanted to use his name as malachis middle(vince) but my sister got mad because she wanted to use it i have a myspace and facebook for those who want to see pics.
June 6th, 2009, 06:00 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awwww! Poor thing... you sound like you were miserable!!!

Are your pictures on facebook/myspace private (i.e. you have to be signed up on facebook/myspace to see them)? I don't have a myspace or facebook acct but if they aren't private I would love to see them.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!

Last edited by ~InHisHands~; June 7th, 2009 at 04:23 AM. Reason: spelling
June 6th, 2009, 06:58 PM
foxfire_ga79
Glad you came through it without having a c-section! I've never had a c-section but I'm pretty sure I'd rather have an 18 hour bad labor than 6-8 weeks healing up for my tummy.
I had stadol with my DD, 2nd child. I firmly believe IV narcotics are one of God's greatest gifts to us.
Congrats, and cool names!
June 8th, 2009, 06:14 AM
yahtzeecat1981's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to yahtzeecat1981
congratulations Melissa! I'm glad you were still able to have him naturally! On my way to check out pics!

Thank You nvr.4.gtn for my PERFECT siggy!
June 8th, 2009, 10:16 AM
*Angela*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Way to go on making it through naturally without having to have the c-section. I bet you are just enjoying your little man right now. Congrats Momma!
June 8th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
yes,they're private sorry

foxfire_ga79 : if i hadnt had back labor i would NOT want stadol or any pain med. he ended up sleeping the whole next day and not eating.i rather have an alert baby then me not being in pain.
June 9th, 2009, 09:28 AM
dettmer26's Avatar I have issues....
Send a message via MSN to dettmer26 Send a message via Yahoo to dettmer26
YAY!! I am off to see pics of this new little angel!! LOVE, LOVE his name!

::: My Siggies :::PM me with Requests:::

Want a personalized greeting card, invite or announcement? Visit my blog! http://www.dettmerdesigns.blogspot.com
June 9th, 2009, 09:47 AM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
Congrats!! I'm glad to hear you were able to make it through the labor. Can't wait to see pics of your little man, I love his name!
June 9th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks ladies
June 11th, 2009, 04:09 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
congrats melissa!!!

add me on facebook! i wanna see!!! Lindsey Jones, I friends with jessica

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search