Sunday Review

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2009, 01:42 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What did you learn in church this morning?

Our sermon was on God's grace through persecution.

My notes...

God will hurt you if it's necessary but he'll never harm you.

Acts 1:6-11, key verse: 1:8 -- you will be my witnesses
Acts 8:1-4, key verse: 8:4: "Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went" -- they hadn't done it on their own yet so God helped them out by allowing them to be scattered so they could further His kingdom.

It's real easy (& comfortable) to go to another Bible study but it's a little harder to get out & do the great commission (evangelize).

It's okay to be comfortable in Him & with Him (Philippians 4:13) but it's not okay to be comfortable with the things of this world & get lazy, not wanting to further His kingdom, instead rather sit home comfortable. We need to go out & tell others of Jesus.

Our hope/joy is this...
Acts 1:10-11 -- when Jesus comes back, He's coming to get you & me. This should give us peace, strength, & hope.

If you don't go voluntarily, God will stir up the pot & make you go.

Why we should rejoice when persecuted:
1. God's kingdom grows the most in times of persecution.
2. We grow closer to Christ in persecution (look at Job).
3. It reminds us that we are a part of God's family. (Jesus was persecuted as His followers will be. (John 15:20))

Revelation 3:14-20

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
June 8th, 2009, 05:37 AM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
Yesterday we had a "guest" pastor (he speaks at our church almost as much as our regular pastor lol) and he kinda gave us kinda a little bit more history of the beginning of our church (we only just celebrated our ten year anniversary a few months ago) and we were read some letters from people who were at church last week.

Last week we had a white bucket thingy (can't remember the word lol) where people who "had" put money into the buckets and people who "had not" took a handful or two or three out. So we heard some letters from people who were effected by last weeks white buckets.

We also were asked to ask ourselves three questions which is actually what got me to thinking about coming back to this board - Do you know Jesus? was the main question. Meaning, you can know about Jesus but do you really feel like you know Jesus and I had to say that recently, I did not feel like I knew Jesus as well as I used to.

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
June 8th, 2009, 04:21 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never heard of something like your white bucket thingie but looooove the idea. Sounds like you go to a really nice church.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
June 8th, 2009, 07:17 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
I love my church. it's huge but it's not disconnected, at least not for me. i'm starting to get to know a lot of different people there and sometimes i worry that because of the more recent "fame" of our pastor that sometimes things done in the chruch (like the white buckets thing) is done to get publicity or something, but i really think that everything is done with genuine good intentions and not for show.

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search