Another prayer request for my FIL

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2009, 01:50 PM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
This is what I posted to my partner but I just felt the need to post it here as well. We need all the prayers we can get right now.

I want to ask you to pray for my FIL we found out a few weeks ago that he has lung cancer. He's going for surgery on the 17th. They are planning on a microscopic (sp?) surgery but if he said there is a chance they will have to cut him and do it the "old" way. He is a pastor and such a wonderful person. He always says he's a winner either way, but I know there are some thing he feels are unfinished. He has said that he wants to see all of his kids saved before he goes. I know it's extremely selfish of myself but I just keep thinking he CAN'T go. I am closer to my MIL and FIL than my own parents and they have done so much for me. Both of my LO's adore him but my oldest wouldn't know what to do without her papaw. He is #1 in her book and I don't want that taken away from her. I just keep thinking how she would never understand why her papaw doesn't come to see her any more, why he doesn't come get her to take her outside to play. I try not to think about it, because I can't hold back the tears when I do. I want to stay strong for my DH and the rest of the family but it's so hard. I love him so much, more like he's my own father. So if you would, please say a prayer for him. My youngest DD will be going with me to the hospital the morning of his surgery. He has to be there at 6:30am and his surgery will be at 7:30am. My oldest DD will be staying with a friend. I know it's going to be a pretty long surgery, as of right now they are only take one lobe of the lung, but if they get in there and see more cancer, they will have to take more of course. The doctor said as long as everything goes smoothly he will only be in the hospital 3-4 days. They have been trying to do this surgery for a while now, but he got a cold and because of his COPD and emphazema (sp?) they couldn't do the surgery. Then he got booked up, so please just pray we can get this over with and everything will go smoothly. Both of my girls are with MIL and FIL right now...I know he wants to get as much time with them as possible, just in case. Sorry this is so long, I just don't have any where else I can vent. I don't want DH to see me upset. Thanks for reading, and God bless.
June 8th, 2009, 04:34 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll def say a prayer for (ALL of) your family...

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
June 8th, 2009, 07:14 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
i'm sorry your fil is so sick kaylie lots of t&p for him and for your family!!

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
June 8th, 2009, 09:13 PM
thank you ladies
June 13th, 2009, 06:25 AM
~~Katrina~~'s Avatar My other car is a TARDIS
Your family is in my prayers

Thanks Kristy (*Kiliki*) for the awesome siggy!!

June 13th, 2009, 08:39 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're all going through this. Keeping him - and the rest of your family - in my prayers!
June 13th, 2009, 09:26 PM
All of your prayers are VERY much appreciated!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search