Fireproof your marriage: Take the 40 day Love Dare Challenge

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2009, 01:15 PM
m.and.a
Amanda and I have talked about doing the Love Dare as a group and opening it up to all of JM to "take the 40 day Love dare challenge and Fireproof their marriage" I'm going to see about getting us a private forum just for the discussion.

Please share any ideas for slogan's that we can use to have an image made to get the word out. Hopefully Kristianna would be willing to make us a graphic or two?

So, make plans to join us. I've seen the book at local wal-marts. When you see mama's in other forums struggling with their marriage, mention that we're going to be doing the Love Dare Challenge in Christian Parenting. Once the graphics are made, please post them to your siggies. I'll be asking hosts to make announcements on their boards, or to let us come in and get it. And of course- you can pray- that it's a success and that we share what God would have is share about a holy marriage, and not our own interpretation.

I was thinking having a start date of August 24th, so that we'll have time to get the word out and do some outreach.

Any other ideas/input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ladies!
July 26th, 2009, 02:42 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Woo-hoo! I'm getting excited! And I already know several boards I want to post invitations on!

I would love to see along with the graphics some smaller graphics/blinkies made by anyone who would volunteer. I think this would give a wider range of items to choose from to place in our siggies. Also anyone else who would like to volunteer their blinkie/siggie/graphic making abilities with our group, please feel free to do so!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
July 26th, 2009, 04:41 PM
boomersgang
I'm in! I ordered the couples kit and Love Dare book today! I told DH and although I doubt he'll do the Love Dare book (it would be nice), he says he'll do the couples thing. I hope he does. He was quick to point out that I need it, but didn't mention he could use it, too.
July 26th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersgang View Post
He was quick to point out that I need it, but didn't mention he could use it, too.
That was very sweet of you & I know probably HARD to do... it would have been hard for me anyway!

Rick Warren

July 28th, 2009, 09:10 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
I didn't know there was a book but DH and I would be interested in doing this too. Thank you for posting it in the host hideaway.
July 29th, 2009, 05:09 AM
m.and.a
I've posted a request on the siggies board for some promo items. I was going to say let's start Aug 24, but I think we could probably start before that. What are your ideas?
July 29th, 2009, 12:48 PM
melissa.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am all for advertising for you. Unfortunately, I cannot join in. My hubby is deploying for 6 months. We just finished the "Fireproof your Marriage" book a few months ago. It's AWESOME! I plan to do the Love Dare as soon as he returns... we will need it after being apart for 6 months...

Someone just let me know and I will put it in my siggy and send invites.
July 29th, 2009, 01:20 PM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
I'm popping in after seeing the post in the host's board. Hope it's OK?

I'm Cindy. I host the Moms of Preschoolers Board and you are more than welcome to post invites for this!!!! I'd also LOVE to join in!

My hubby and I watched the movie months ago and both loved the idea. I was baptized Christian almost 8 years ago after growing up Methodist....DH is struggling with religion and his beliefs but is willing to participate. After seeing the movie, we both made efforts in 'boosting' our marriage but busy lives get in the way and this might be a good opportunity to start it up again.

Would you be able to remind me when you all start this?

Thanks!

Cindy

July 29th, 2009, 01:32 PM
m.and.a
Absolutely Cindy!
July 29th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I think Aug 24th is a reasonable date to start especially considering that our "promo" items aren't completed yet. What kind of promo items, anyway? There are several boards I would like to post invitations on & if one of the promo items is an invitation I would like to wait on that but if not I'll go ahead & invite the other boards but before I do we do need to nail down a date.

Rick Warren

July 29th, 2009, 03:49 PM
m.and.a
There is one siggie on the pick- up board. I think we can probably just use that one and start adverts on different boards. I'll get an information thread started in the next couple of days that we can link the IMG to, and then we can get the private forum started.
July 29th, 2009, 03:56 PM
m.and.a
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j.../fireproof.jpg
July 29th, 2009, 03:58 PM
m.and.a
July 29th, 2009, 04:23 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey... popping in... I'm Shannon and I co-host WTTC. DH and I are always interested in anything that can improve our marriage and relationship. I'll admit I don't know anything about this but would like to. When I know more and you guys are ready for invites, etc. I'd like to post this around for my girls too if that's okay. I hope to pop back in as plans get firmed up but if I forget please feel free to PM me. I seem to be forgetting more and more lately. haha. I imagine with the blinkies, etc. in siggies it'll be hard not to remember though.

July 29th, 2009, 06:23 PM
m.and.a
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j.../fireproof.jpg
July 30th, 2009, 12:14 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I'm in!! (have the book and have flipped through it, I want to do it with DH but he says we each have to do it separately)

July 30th, 2009, 12:19 AM
kristianna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would not mind joining but I have no way to get the book.. they do not ship to India. I'd be willing to help out though with some small siggies.. or at least try..

Thank you Vicki for the BEEautiful siggie!

July 30th, 2009, 04:00 AM
I believe Manda said you can do it without the book but having the book would of course probably be more helpful so please... join us! And thank you for volunteering to help out with the graphics!

Rick Warren

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search