I feel guilty

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2009, 12:06 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
We haven't been back to our church since 2 weeks before Joey relapsed, except once when he was in the hospital and MIL sat with him so I could go (but still DH and the older kids did not go). Logically I know its because Joey's immune system isn't doing well and we've been trying to protect him from getting sick. But I feel guilty we haven't gone. Instead we've been doing a family Bible Study on Sundays. I'm not sure what I can do. Swine flu is really prevalent here, and with Joey's lung involvement we're not supposed to have him in crowds. And there are always sick kids (I'm talking a common cold here) in the nursery so he ends up in service with us. But of course at 1 yr old sitting in church is not easy, and we don't have a separate room for me and him to sit in.

I don't know, part of me feels like I'm not doing what I SHOULD be doing, attending church. But another part of me feels like I'm doing what needs to be done to protect Joey. And with this new treatment, his immune system never has a chance to recover before the next treatment begins, so I doubt it will ever be at a high enough level for me to be comfortable with him in church until we move to maintenance (3-5 months away).

We get copies of all the sermons, but its not the same, you know? I'm just not sure what I should do!
August 6th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
IMO I think you are doing the right thing. Try not to feel guilty for that. I know easier said then done but right now Joey's health is more important then being at church.
August 6th, 2009, 12:42 PM
melissa.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
God knows your heart. Don't let guilt eat you up... although, I can understand the guilt. What you do is between you and God. Pray about and and pay attention... He is the only One with the answers.
August 6th, 2009, 12:43 PM
melissa.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
God knows your heart. Don't let guilt eat you up... although, I can understand the guilt. What you do is between you and God. Pray about and and pay attention... He is the only One with the answers.
August 6th, 2009, 01:32 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
That's a tough one. I definitely understand why you've been staying home though.

Is there any way you could arrange to go to church and sit in the very back, or in the balcony if your church is that big? I'm sure most everyone understands, and wouldn't mind a little noise from Joey. At my church, we don't have nursery for kids during church, but I work in a nursery on Sundays (we go on Saturdays) so I understand about the sick babies.

I would pray about it, and if you still feel like God is laying it on your heart to go, then I would try to work something out with your church on seating and whatnot. Hugs.

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
August 6th, 2009, 02:09 PM
m.and.a
I think you're doing the right thing too. When Aleah was alive and at home, I wouldn't have gone to church either had I been a member of church during that time.

Does your church have an outreach program. I know a few have programs where they will go to the homes of elderly, or otherwise incapacitated.
August 7th, 2009, 07:03 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I agree. I would stay home too. God knows your heart, knows that you are doing family bible study, and knows the reasoning behind you not going. He understands. Please, do not feel guilty for protecting Joey.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
August 7th, 2009, 08:02 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
We are a small church, and we have always sat in the back (and the kids have always been noisy too). But everyone with LO's sit in the back, especially those with sick LO's. I talked with Father M today about this and he agrees that we are doing the right thing. he will be bringing communion to us from now on, and will be calling regularly to see how we are doing.
August 7th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How great of Father M..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search