DH got promotion we've been praying about!

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2009, 04:44 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
I know I posted about him trying for the promotion in another thread, but I had to share about God's blessings.

Since Joey's diagnosis we've been living paycheck to paycheck. A while ago a position opened up that is a big promotion for DH and he decided to go for it. So he turned in his resume and was told corporate had put a freeze on all promotions, hiring, etc...

We were sad to hear this, and a bit frustrated but we kept praying. DH is in a job he loves, an industry he does well in, and this job came about in one of the weirdest ways. Days after me and him had both been laid off he ran into an old friend who worked for this company. She told him they might be hiring so he applied at Orange County Airport. He was called for an interview about 2 months later (during this time he was working at Knott's Berry Farm just to keep us somewhat afloat) and when interviewing his friend (who used to be a supervisor of his) came in and told the GM to hire him and they wouldn't regret it. That night we got a call that there were no open positions at Orange COunty airport because someone from inside the company got it. We were sad and frustrated but kept praying that the right job open up for him. The next day the same person called back and asked if he would be willing to work in Long Beach, he said yes. Turns out Long Beach pays more... He started days later working both this job and Knott's for 2 weeks. This was April of 2008, and the job itself was an answered prayer... we were on the verge of losing everything and had nothing for Joey (who was due very soon).

Then a few months ago we found out that this new position opened up. He put in his resume but corporate had the freeze on promotions and hiring. He's spent the past few months doing the job, without the pay but never complained about it. When the position was finally posted as hiring he did the online application. We got an email last week saying his application was not complete so he called HR on Monday who told him the position was now closed, he was out of luck. We prayed for God to open up doors for him, for us. Yesterday he got called into the interview. Then yesterday they ended up majorly understaffed. It was DH and 1 other guy doing the job of 4 people. And no one to help. Somehow they managed to complete the entire shift without a single delayed flight. His boss was amazed that it was done! Today i dropped him off at work and he called me about an hour into his shift. The promotion was his, and its effective immediately.

God has answered our prayers and blessed us tremendously! Through this job we have the insurance that does not fight us on any of Joey's health needs, he has had 4 pay raises in less than 18 months - all at times they were needed badly, and now a door was opened to even get the interview and now the promotion!
August 6th, 2009, 06:15 PM
m.and.a
That's awesome. DH is about to be laid off, and we hope he'll have another job before that happpens. We just went through it 3 months ago. He got an unofficial job offfer today. The schedule sucks, but it's a job! (We've been living paycheck to paycheck since our daughter died- well even before then, and for a long time still I'm sure).
August 6th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Praise God! That is such awesome news!
August 7th, 2009, 05:12 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Praise the Lord!!! What an amazing story... I just love those stories, they make me feel so good!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
August 7th, 2009, 02:27 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
Thats so awesome! I'm so happy for you. God is good.

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search