Please read...

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2009, 07:28 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
My friend, Melissa, and her husband are having a very hard time. She has a son thats 5 years old that was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. He is only expected to live to his tween years. He has already had 4 major heart surgeries, and is expected to have another open heart surgery this December because his valve is still leaking.

Close to three years ago, she got pregnant again. To have two heart babies was "unheard of" and like being struck by lightning twice. Well, her daughter has the same syndrome. She had her first heart surgery 10 days after her birth and one more since then, with more to come next year. Her life expectancy is around the same.

As if that wasn't enough, in April, Melissa was diagnosed with a rare form of tongue cancer--stage 2. As of today, she has had one third of her tongue removed. She is in her 3rd week of chemo, and having a really rough time. She is in Houston while her family is at home and thats tough. Its very hard for her to be away from them, but her husband has to continue working during the week. She can't keep any food down, and is in alot of pain. Also, she got bit by a fiddle back spider recently, and so thats just salt in the wound.

While they were in Texas, her son went to his cardiologist and found out his valve is leaking worse than before. He will have another appointment soon to see what needs to be done.

Her faith has remained strong, probably stronger than ever, throughout all of this. Even when she feels like she can't take anymore chemo, she pushes through for her family. Her motto is " live life to the fullest, treasure every moment, appreciate all the small things, and most of all remember that no matter how bad things seem, God will make sense of it all."

She asks that everyone please keep her family in their prayers, because thats what they need the most. So, please, if you are a believer in prayer, I beg you to pray for them.

Thanks for reading. You can see their picture here. Hogan family fighting through adversities : Local : Times Record News

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com

Last edited by LindseyB; August 7th, 2009 at 07:41 PM.
August 7th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Your friend and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.
August 7th, 2009, 08:24 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Many prayers.

my sister has LQTS (a heart condition) and one of her closest friends has HLHS. They met at this camp, Camp Del Corazon. Its a heart camp run by a excellent cardiologist, Dr. Cannom. If she is interested she can contact them. they accept kids from all over the country and I believe it is free and they provide an excellent family support.

I also know they didn't expect her friend to live as long as she has. She is now married and doing very well, despite all the challenges they have faced with her heart.
August 8th, 2009, 05:51 AM
m.and.a
Your friend Melissa sounds like a wonderful lady. I will be praying for her.
August 8th, 2009, 06:51 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That just breaks my heart... she has been through so much & really does sound like she has AMAZING faith! They are such a beautiful family too! Praying for them...

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
August 10th, 2009, 11:43 AM
m.and.a
Any update?
August 10th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
We'll be praying!
August 10th, 2009, 06:30 PM
dettmer26's Avatar I have issues....
Send a message via MSN to dettmer26 Send a message via Yahoo to dettmer26
I will be praying for the whole family!

::: My Siggies :::PM me with Requests:::

Want a personalized greeting card, invite or announcement? Visit my blog! http://www.dettmerdesigns.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search