Update on DH - heart cath clean!

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
We have finally talked to our cardiologist again today. They did an echocardiogram today too, but he never did tell us what the results of that were, and we were a little blinded by the options that he gave us. Long story short, his recommendation is to have a cardiac catheterization done, so we scheduled one for Wednesday. It is outpatient, so DH doesn't have to stay in the hospital, which makes him VERY happy. Once that test is done, we will know for sure whether there is blockage or plaque in his coronary arteries.

Basically, there are some disagreements between the doctors we have seen, those have done the testing, and those who have filled in for our cardiologist when he was on vacation. One says that DH has 3 places of scarring from 3 heart attacks. One says that DH has definitely had 1 heart attack with mild to moderate heart damage. Our cardiologist says that he would've probably ruled that the 3 spots of damage may just have been from soft tissue interfering with the picture. He is of the opinion that DH's age is the overruling factor - despite his family history, symptoms and test results. But at least he is on board with this diagnostic test that will clear things up a little more for us.

It has been a very difficult time for us.

UPDATE - Sorry I haven't been back sooner to let you guys know how everything went, but the heart cath came back clean. There was no arterial damage from the heart attack that DH had, and no buildup or blockage. As long as he keeps his blood pressure under control and stays away from energy everything (caffeine, energy drinks, etc), then he is unlikely to have another heart attack. As far as the chest pain he is still having, he had a gallbladder ultrasound today to see if that is causing it, and he is taking medicine in case it is a spasm in the chest wall. He is also going to have a sleep study done to see if he has sleep apnea.

Thank you all for your prayers!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom

Last edited by way2gomom; August 22nd, 2009 at 09:35 AM.
August 19th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
We are now going in to the hospital for the catheterization. They called yesterday and changed it due to our insurance and his age. I will need to be waking him up probably in about half an hour or so. I'm scared out of my mind.

August 19th, 2009, 03:32 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the update & I'll be praying...

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
August 19th, 2009, 12:09 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Lots of prayers coming your families way! I hope everything goes well! I cant imagine how scary this time must be.

August 25th, 2009, 04:47 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I JUST noticed your update!!! I was just about to PM you to ask about this!!! Woo-hoo! Praise the Lord! I am so happy for you guys... I know that's a relief & one step in the right direction!!!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
August 25th, 2009, 07:23 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Thanks for keeping us updated. I will keep your family in my prayers.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

August 25th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So we found out today that the problem is with his lungs. My husband has been around smoking since he was in utero, his parents both still smoke, and he smoked since he was 17 or so. Lately, he's been trying to cut back, but he still smokes a lot. The doctor says that he has severe chronic asthma. He's on 7 prescriptions now, plus baby aspirin daily. The inflammation in his lungs is cutting off air supply to his heart, which contributed to his heart attack.

Thank you all for your prayers, I can't tell you how much it means to me. Thank you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search