I just dealt with THE rudest person ever...

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2009, 04:08 PM
boomersgang
We have been trying to sell our house for a couple months with no luck - only one showing. It's a nice house that we just bought in 2007 right before the housing market crashed. It had just been completely remodelled with a new furnace, AC and water heater. We put in another half bath and finished off part of the basement.

Even with all that, the price is now $15,00 LESS than what we paid for it, barely more than what we still owe on it. And by the time we'd pay all the fees and such, it would be LESS than what we still owe. (His dad is supposed to help us pay off our mortgage if it does sell, but we'd have to pay him back.)

Yesterday the realtor we are using tells us to do nearly $3,000 worth of stuff to our house to maybe help it sell. Stupid stuff, like repaint the outside of the house (we like the red siding), repaint all of the inside with "colors" not neutral tones (which is the opposite of what I'd always heard to do when selling a house), taking down ALL family photos and stuff off the wall and basically putting half our life into storage (hello, we have SIX kids and we still LIVE here). That was just a couple of the things she told us to do.

So today a realtor from Mackintosh Realty was coming over to see what his thought was. I kept getting cards in the mail from him that he "guaranteed" to sell our home "in 60 days or less at top dollar". Yes, we figured it was crap, but since we were having no luck elsewhere, we figured what the heck...

The guy shows up with this woman in skin tight painted-on black capris and black high heels. He quickly walks through our house. He had picked up a flyer we have of our house that our current realtor had made up and he waved it at me saying "Do you really think you're going to get this for your house?"

I said no, we were going to have some help and wanted some negotiating room.

He says "Well, that's all hopes and dreams. Your house won't appraise for anything NEAR that." He was so rude and arrogant sounding.

I was astonished and quite upset. I said "Okay then, never mind."

Then he looks at me and says, "You paid ($$$) for it a few years ago? I can't believe it even appraised for that much then."

I couldn't believe how ignorant and unprofessional this man was. To stand in MY HOME and basically act like it was a slum and I was dirt. I have never been so insulted in my life.

I am venting now, but I had a bit of a breakdown over this (and another rude voice message from my SIL and my son having had surgery today and in pain and taking it out on me). I prayed and pulled myself together and I do feel a lot better and I keep telling myself it's not for me to handle and to put it in God's hands, because he sees what these people do.

The power of prayer...
August 25th, 2009, 04:25 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
I think that was was extremly unprofessional of him. I might have closed the door the minute I saw the young lady with him, but that wouldn't have been very Christian of me.

You handled yourself very well, hun, and you are right about the power of prayer. Prayer to the Lord. Put it in his hands and let him work miracles. I will be praying for you and give you a big hug. Everything will be ok.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search