Please Pray for my stepson

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2009, 05:35 PM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
Christian is almost 13 and he lives with us full time. He and I don't get along very good, and it is mostly because he was used to a lax lifestyle with just him and his dad, until I came along. DH and I have been toget 5 years and married a little over 4 years, but Christian still resents me, I think. I know deep down that he just wants his mom and dad to get back together, but I don't see that ever happening. Today, when I was about to start cooking dinner, I got a call from the police station. They had Christian in custody, and wanted me to come to the station to be with him during questioning, as he is a minor. DH just started working a bunch of extra hours, so this ment taking Nicola with me, and hoping that we would be done in time for me to pick up Gabby and Alina from daycare. So, he was picked up because he and a bunch of his friends broke into an abandoned house. The manager at one of the stores saw them and called the cops. Long story short, he has been charged with breaking and entering and has a court date in November. The constable said that since this is his first offence, he will most likely get off with just community service and paying for the damages. I am at a loss for words with him right now though... I don't know what to say, and I don't know how to react. I don't feel old enough to be dealing with a teenager! He is on probation now, so he has to be at home between 7pm and 7am, unless he is with eother me or DH..... UGH!
August 28th, 2009, 09:49 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that IS tough. I have a 13 yo & I have no idea how I'd handle it. Praying for you guys & him...

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
September 8th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Praying for him and your family!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search