I'm not holding up well

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2009, 07:54 AM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Ladies, I know I'm asking for lots of prayer, but I have another request. Emotionally I am torn.

The day before we were admitted, a friend of ours from CHOC lost her daughter, Natalie. Natalie was a beautiful girl who Joey loved, and she always took time to play with Joey while me and her mom would talk, the times we met up. The news of her passing, really hit me hard, and the timing sent me into a world of panic. The cancer didn't get her, it was an infection that took her life. And Joey's going to have NO immune system very soon, so we are scared.

Joey was placed back on contact isolation. Possibly for 3 months, maybe even 6. However I raised concern that the sample wasn't taken properly and they are retesting him. But I ended up in the ER last night because I am allergic to the gowns used for isolation. The problem is I was told if I do not follow precautions to an exact, they will transfer his care elsewhere (2 hours away) and I'm scared that me not being able to wear the typical iso gowns (I am wearing something, just not what they prefer) they will still make us transfer (I do have a docs note though).

I am struggling with my addiction right now. I have 8 years clean, and have never looked back and thought about using again (and I won't) but those addictive tendencies I have are back, and that scares me. I won't use and I won't drink again, but the fact that it has crossed my mind to drink reminds me that I am way to close to relapsing into that life again, and its way too easy to go from alcohol to other stuff (don't worry, I don't give myself any oportunity to drink, and I refuse to even allow a sip, and I refuse to even consider the notion of using drugs again either). Please pray these thoughts leave me.

Finally, I miss my other kids terribly. I spoke with them yesterday, and spent an hour crying after. I sorta feel I am letting them down, even though I know what I am doing needs to be done.

They are sending psych in today to talk with me and help me work through emotions, and I don't trust psych (due to issues with my dad) but frankly, I am batting depression right now and I am battling some issues that I thought I had overcome. Satan is attacking every aspect of my life right now, and I am struggling to stay firmlt rooted, which is a daily battle. Please pray for me during all of this...
September 2nd, 2009, 08:20 AM
m.and.a
Absolutely talk to psych. And fill the prescriptions they give you! And take them. Seriously. I've been where you are, and it sucks. I wasn't allergic to the gowns, but I was pissed that people told me how and when and with what I could touch my baby. It's a very very tough situation. You'll certainly pray for you.
September 2nd, 2009, 10:08 AM
~Valerie~
I will pray for you
September 2nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Traci, you are such a strong woman and such a wonderful mother. I'm so sorry that you are battling these demons at a time like this. I have been keeping you and Joey and your family in our prayers, and I will continue to do so. It sounds like you need as much praying as you can get these days. Please continue to stay strong and remember that the Lord will help you.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
September 2nd, 2009, 04:40 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Praying for you...

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
September 2nd, 2009, 08:26 PM
m.and.a
Of course I meant to say "I'll pray for you". This preggo brain is killing me.
September 4th, 2009, 01:03 AM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Thanks ladies. Today (well technically yesterday) was better. It helps that they are finally providing Joey with things he enjoys like puzzles (the cute wooden ones), coloring projects, fingerpaints, etc... as well as no longer fighting me about me and him co-sleeping and me wanting to be told what they are giving him before they give it (med wise)
September 4th, 2009, 05:41 AM
~~Katrina~~'s Avatar My other car is a TARDIS
Praying you feel God's love and comfort through all of this.

Thanks Kristy (*Kiliki*) for the awesome siggy!!

September 5th, 2009, 10:32 AM
kristianna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm praying for you and your little warrior. I pray what God's peace would be with you durng this very difficult time.

Thank you Vicki for the BEEautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search