Private school VS public..

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
Hi everyone...
I thought i;d post.
My daughter i found out the private preschool is pretty much the same price as the public.. ***?.. grainted as years go the private is more expensive but i truely think its worth it...

Do your kids go to private school and how do you like it?
September 13th, 2009, 12:20 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My son was public schooled for 8 years (K-7th) before we brought him home to be homeschooled. This is our first year HSing him in the 8th grade & I LOVE it. I know it's not private school but I LOVE the fact that he is getting a Christian education now that he wasn't getting in public school so I'd def vote for the private school if it is one that will teach her about Jesus. I am not fond of our public schools at all!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
September 13th, 2009, 06:40 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Personally, Ernest and I would like to be able to homeschool our boys if we are financially able to do so.

If both of working will be a hardship for us to place our children in private schools we will have no choice to place them in public school. However, personally I believe that if you are blessed enough to place them in private school then go for it. I only say this because my raising my oldest son has made me lose a lot of respect for public schools over the years.

Also, having them in private schools also allows them to learn the word of God. Something they will not be able to do so in public schools.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

September 13th, 2009, 08:57 PM
~~Katrina~~'s Avatar My other car is a TARDIS
Ian is currently enrolled in a Christian preschool, but once we move and the boys are school age we will be homeschooling. We're moving from some of the best public schools in the country to some of the worst.

Thanks Kristy (*Kiliki*) for the awesome siggy!!

September 14th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Super Mommy
I've heard too many bad things about the public school system to ever put my children in it.
Though... Depending on the area, private may be just as bad as public. It really depends of the children there. I had a friend go to a "Christian" school, and it was probably one of the worst things he could have participated in.
If homeschool is an option, I'd go for that, kids usually love it, and it doesn't have a to cost a lot. It really depends on what type of curriculum you use. I've opted for "The Thomas Jefferson Education," and that only has to cost as much as you want to put in it. Let me know if you're interested, since I could go on about it all day.

Tolerance obviously requires a non-contentious manner of relating toward one another’s differences. But tolerance does not require abandoning one’s standards or one’s opinions on political or public policy choices. Tolerance is a way of reacting to diversity, not a command to insulate it from examination.
-- Dallin H. Oaks
September 14th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am a public school teacher so I am def biased! I think they are good schools- just minus the religious aspect.
September 14th, 2009, 10:22 PM
m.and.a
I homeschool for preschool, but around these parts, you don't pay for public preschool, you get in if your child needs it.
September 15th, 2009, 08:00 AM
kristianna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's hard for me to say which is better because it all depends on the teachers i think. You can be paying like crazy in a private school or paying nothing in a public school, if the teacher is not good the child will not learn. So I think there are probably wonderful schools on both sides but it probably will take some research to find which is which. Here were I live in India the schools called public schools are actually private and cost a lot. The governmant school are generally ill staffed and free. although anyone with any money does not send their kids there. Then there are the catholic schools too... It a tough call here.. I hope Anaiah does not grow too fast. oh and there are the embassy schools but i refuse to pay more than 16.000+ dollars a year for kindergarten!

Thank you Vicki for the BEEautiful siggie!

September 17th, 2009, 01:55 PM
mommy2eden's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am for public schools but if you can afford private go for it. Make sure you know the curriculum and so forth also. I want our children to go to public so they can be exposed to the world (like I was and my husband had a horrible time at private school being teased) but be taught the Bible at home. It is my responsibility to do and I am afraid that I (I am not saying you) will let my parenting slip since they are being taught it at school. It is just my personal opinion.

Wife to Garrett
Mother to Eden (7/13/09) and Cooper (7/28/2010)
Follower of Jesus
September 18th, 2009, 09:56 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
I think it would depend on the curriculum for me. Public schools where I am are generally horrible - they concentrate so much on the standardized tests that they don't bother to teach basic education - it's pretty sad.

I think I would do private school if I could afford it, but it's more because the private schools offer a better education. My church doesn't have religious schools specifically, unless you count BYU so either way I'd be responsible for teaching my children about God's word and the church we belong to etc. I feel like that's my responsibility anyways.

Home schooling is definitely an option, but it really depends on the kids. A lot of kids don't respond well to their parents trying to teach them anything - it's the same reason piano players pay someone else to teach their children how to play.

My husband and I will probably never have the money to afford a private school, so I will most likely home school my children and hope for the best.
September 23rd, 2009, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
Thank you... im 98% possitive my daughter will go to our churches private school..they are just wonderful

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search