We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
We, as you may remember, recently started a new series, "Moving Forward". My notes...
"Do You Hear What I Hear"
We are ALL preachers/proclaimers/prophets... we are to tell the world about Jesus.
Keys to the Message: 1. Jesus always delivers on His promises. John 14:16-19 & 25-26, Matthew 24:30-35 & 12-14
* Passover - Jesus taken as a Passover Lamb
* Feast of Unleavened Bread - Jesus' Resurrection
* Feast of Weeks (Pentacost) - Celebration of full harvest - Jesus bringing harvest from all nations (this happened 50 days AFTER passover)
Are these just coincidences or are they God being God?
2. No Spirit, No Power!
* Words are meaningless without the power of the Holy Spirit.
* The Bible says this its words can not be understood without the power of the Holy Spirit.
* Jonathan Edwards who wrote "In the Hands of an Angry God" read that sermon & in a monotone voice (i.e. very boring) yet people "got" it (through the power of the Holy Spirit).
3. Spirit brings understanding of the right way back to God.
* Genesis 11:1-9 & the tower of Babel... God confused their language b/c they were building the tower for themselves & NOT b/c it was the right way back to God * Acts 2:1-21... God brought them back together & showed them the RIGHT way back to God
* Another example of the world trying to do it the world's way & not God's way is the song/video... We Are the World back in 1985. I immediately recognized a verse, "All we need is love"... NO, "All we need is Jesus"! Is this a modern day Tower of Babel???
Our part is to tell others of Jesus. The more we preach His name we speed His return!