Joey update

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2009, 11:18 AM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Hi ladies! Joey is doing well and sometime today they may stop the suction on his chest tube to see if his lung is indeed healed from this collapse. The chest tube will remain in for a bit until we know for certain, then it should come out. In the meantime he is having fun, but we have to keep him doing quiet play and not being too active, a hard task with a toddler! Hard to believe he's a toddler, I still see him as a baby!

We start his next round of chemo on Monday so we're looking at at least another 3 weeks here. At the end of the 3 weeks we will do another CT scan to see whats happening in his body. I would love to see nothing left of the LCH but am trying to be realistic, and I do expect to see improvement but I don't know if we'll be No Active Disease. I am going to ask about a PET scan, which will more accurately tell us if there is active disease or not (at least thats my understanding).

Also, a friend of mine has set up an online catolog party for Tastefully Simple, and she is donating proceeds to Joey's medical fund. While our insurance covers alot, there are still things insurance doesn't cover and there are also the additional expenses that we incur with transportation and special diets due to the effects of his chemo. All the money raised will be used ONLY for these things. If you would like the link, let me know (I would post it here but am not sure if that would cause a problem with the TOS and would rather be on the safe side). We are still working on setting up a HAA fundraiser through Pampered Chef as well, but that one seems to be a long time coming, since there are more hoops to jump through.
September 26th, 2009, 01:05 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Thanks for the update hun. I added the link to my blinkie for joey and when I get the bills paid off this month I will make a donation....might not be 500.00, but I will do the best I can for you....Always in my prayers!!!!

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

September 26th, 2009, 01:43 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Thank you, that link is for Hike For A Cure (which is tomorrow) and goes to the HAA to research.

If you would like the link to the Tastefully Simple Party, let me know. It runs now until October 31 and that is for Joeys medical account.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search