Bible Study question

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2009, 08:10 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I am looking for a good bible study to do....preferably something with online support, but if it's something I can do at home by myself or with DH, that works too. Any suggestions from anyone?

Amanda, I think it was you that mentioned one specifically for women who had experienced a miscarriage. If it was that one, can you please share the information with me so I can look into that.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
October 9th, 2009, 04:22 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You know, I just thought I should tell you about that one when I read your reply to "Theology Thursday" & then open this thread up & you're asking about it!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this Bible study... Threads of Hope, Pieces of Joy: A Pregnancy Loss Bible Study - By: Teale Fackler, Gwen Kik - Christianbook.com

I've even thought about possibly doing it online much like we did the Love Dare b/c I have just gotten so much out of this study & it has helped me so much. I also want to help others going through this, ya know.

I'm still doing the pg loss study now but when I finish I have already been eyeballing the Women of Faith Bible study series... All Products : women of faith bible study - Christianbook.com Search

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
October 9th, 2009, 05:36 AM
m.and.a
I'm starting a new study with my small group next week. I love the Apologeticist Lee Strobel. We're going to do a 6 week study on a Case for Faith. Most of the members of my group are new Christians, and the topics in it come up often in our discussions. I'm excited and think that we'll get some awesome conversation out of it.

I'm also starting John 3:16 by Max Lucado on Tuesday with my MOPS group. I'll let you know how that goes.

I know a lot of men who do Beth Moore studies with their wives, although I've never done one.
October 9th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the link Amanda. I am definitely very interested in doing that one. I'm going to have to get a copy of that when I get paid again. (I just got paid today but after paying the bills and doing a bit of Christmas shopping, I'm broke already! lol)
I definitely want to do some research and find some sort of couples bible study that Matt and I can do together though. I really think we need to do something to spend more quality time together.

As far as doing a study online......I would love to take part in a group study if there was enough interest in it.

October 9th, 2009, 03:21 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Manda, the Bible study you're doing on A Case for Faith... how is it set up? I mean, is there a Bible study out there already or are you guys reading the book & getting together & discussing it or something? I think I'd be interested in that so I just wanted a bit more information if you have any?

Steph, another Bible study for couples is the Fireproof Couples study... Amazon.com: Fireproof Your Marriage Couple's Kit (9780978715373): Jennifer Dion: Books We have it but still haven't done it!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
October 9th, 2009, 04:05 PM
That is one we have looked at and considered getting. I'm making a wish list for Matt and then he is going to pick a couple to get me as Christmas gifts this year. lol

October 9th, 2009, 04:24 PM
m.and.a
There is a study that comes with a DVD and a participant's guide.

But, we've been thinking about just creating our own 8 week study on the book which would require more participation from the group(and to read the chapter at home before hand), not just spoon feeding the from a participant's guide. I have a meeting with my co-leader on Wednesday, and we'll decide for sure then. Either way, I'm sure it will be an awesome study.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search