Intro!

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
Hello ladies! I am April and I am a new mommy to Haylea who is 8 weeks old today. I have been lurking here for a while but havnen't had many two-handed chances to introduce myself! LOL

I am a fairly "new" Christian...in that we recently got back into going to Church and being involved during my pregnancy. Dh grew up in the Church and I was not introduced to it until my college days. Since then we have been in and out but are more commited now that we have started a family.

In the past few years I have really struggled with my faith after suffering 3 miscarriages in 2007 and then having a difficult time getting pg again with Haylea towards the end of 2008. I went through a period where I was so angry with God and couldn't fathom any good "reason" for taking my babies from me. I stopped praying for a long time because I thought there was no point...I had prayed for the babies that were taken from me and it didn't do any good. I finally realized towards the end of 2008 when I was so stressed and depressed that I couldn't do it alone. I began praying again and gave up trying to be in control...something that was really difficult for me as I have always been the type to need to be in control of things. I got pg in Dec and continued to pray and trust that God would give me my healthy baby. Now I look at her face every day and thank Him for the miracle He gave me. My faith is stronger now than ever and although I feel like there is so much more to learn I am excited about where we are going from here.

It is important to me to introduce Haylea to God early on as it wasn't something my parents did for me. They both grew up going to church but as adults it wasn't something that they continued to do. My mom always said she didn't feel she had to go to church to be a "good" person. Now I realize it is more than that. My parents have always been supportive of me going to church (and recently my sister began as well) and their thought was that we could decide if church was for us when we grew up. I wish they had done it the other way around because how do you know if something is right for you if you are never taught about it? I feel like I am so far behind in learning about God in general. My faith is secure and I have always believed but as far as actually knowing much about the bible...I am pretty much a beginner! I used to think that it was too late to really learn about God...and was embarrased to let people know how little I really know. Now I know that the church isn't going to judge me and they are there to help me learn regardless of what stage I am at.

Thanks for listening to me ramble and hopefully I can learn more from you girls and continue to grow in my faith.
October 13th, 2009, 10:27 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Hi April!!! Welcome to CP!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
October 13th, 2009, 10:31 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Hi April! I'm glad to see you joining us over here. I can't believe that Haylea is 8 weeks old already. I swear it seems like you just got your BFP yesterday!

There are a ton of great ladies here that can help you learn and grow in your faith. Jump right in and start posting. Make sure you add your family's info to the birthdays/anniversary/saved-versaries sticky too!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
October 13th, 2009, 11:19 AM
m.and.a
Welcome, and what a great story. I am saddened when my friends choose not to "introduce religion" to their children- leaving it to them to discover on their own as adults. There are so many fruits in growing up as a Christian. I was raised in the church, and then drifted away, but coming back has been glorious.
October 13th, 2009, 03:24 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello & A lot of your testimony is very similar to mine. I'm a fairly new Christian myself... saved in Sept '07 & so I don't know the Bible as well as many do but I learn more & more every day. I absolutely adore doing Bible studies & that's probably how I learn most of what I do know. I'm actually doing a pg loss Bible study now (if you're interested I'd be more than happy to give you the link).

I'm so sorry for your losses! I had a m/c about 3 months ago myself. Hopefully that will be my one & only loss! Though congrats on your 8 wk old miracle!!!

BTW, I'm Amanda! It's very nice to *meet* you!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
October 13th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Amanda, I am so sorry for your loss. I would love the link to that Bible study! I have never done one. I am planning on doing a class at our church in January but have yet to do a Bible study and that sounds like the perfect one for me to get started.
October 13th, 2009, 06:13 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Amanda, I'd also love the link!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
October 13th, 2009, 06:57 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
APRIL!!!!! So glad you're joining us!!

October 14th, 2009, 02:20 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here's a little more about the Bible study... Threads of Hope, Pieces of Joy
And you can buy it here... Threads of Hope, Pieces of Joy: A Pregnancy Loss Bible Study - By: Teale Fackler, Gwen Kik - Christianbook.com

I just ADORE this Bible study... it has helped me in so many ways including ways that aren't even associated with my loss. I also use this Bible study to minister to others in my life!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search