Monday Memories

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2009, 04:30 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Tell us about a recent experience witnessing to others. Did you walk away feeling better or more frustrated? Did that person accept what you were saying or did they fight and argue with you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is one individual that I had been trying to witness to for quite a while. She admitted to a friend that what I was saying was all "crazy religious psyco-bable" that wasn't going to make a difference. I didn't know at the time, but she considered herself to be a Wiccan. She would go to a local church occasionally for special events.....dinners, picnics, plays and whatnot. Each time I tried to talk to her I only got more frustrated by here total lack of interest in anything I had to say. Finally earlier this summer, I admit, I threw my hands in the air and gave up. A week or two later this individual went to a local church for a special guest speaker and a dinner afterwards. During this event she turned her back on Wicca, accepted Christ, and has done some serious changing since.

There had been several of us trying to witness to this girl and we all felt like we were failing and basically just wasting our time. This was yet one more reminder that God is in control, not us, and that things happen in his time, not ours.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
October 19th, 2009, 11:34 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great story Steph!

Austin & I do a prayer walk every week so it is kind alike a silent witness IMO. That's the best I got right now!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
October 19th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
My best friend believes in God, and she says she is saved but I am really concerned for her. I don't believe in once saved always saved, and the lifestyle she leads is in no way reflects a Christian lifestyle. I am not judging whether or not she is saved I understand it is between her and God. Regardless of if she is saved, I want to help her lead a Christian Lifestyle.
But I have been trying to get her into church for years and constantly witnessing to her, Idk if its my church or not, I want to see her in any church. I get frustrated because week after week she promises to join me and week after week its another excuse. I keep trying to reach out to her, she is going through a lot of tragedy that I fear maybe God trying to get her attention.

I want to tell her this, but I don't know how to do it without pushing her away further.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

October 19th, 2009, 05:09 PM
I know how you feel... I feel the same way about my sister! The only thing I can offer is to lead a Godly life yourself & be an example for her... that's what I'm doing with my sister anyway. Pray, pray, pray. Oh, & I also got my sister a Bible study for Christmas though I doubt she will even open it up but I did get her one so maybe God will convict her to open one night & start the process that way.

Rick Warren

October 19th, 2009, 09:59 PM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My neighbor came up to me asking me about the military the other day. She just graduated high school and has a one year old daughter. The father is addicted to drugs and wants nothing to do with her. He pays no child support and doesn't work. I am working on getting her started on the right path at the moment. She is living at home with her parents who have young children, her sister who also has children. Not the ideal situation. They are all but exploding out of the house. She is great and so full of life I really want this girl to make a change. I am starting with this stuff and hopefully I can work in the faith in God.

I truly believe that when you make that choice to hand your life over to God that you are in fact saved. Sometimes Gods people fall away but that doesn't make them any less saved. I am fairly serious about what the bible says and not about the legalistic side of things.

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

October 20th, 2009, 05:33 AM
That is so great Annie!!! Actually my Bible study class says all the time that you have to meet their physical needs first then maybe you can meet their spiritual needs.

I also agree with you... once saved, always saved. I picture it literally like we're in Jesus' hand & Jesus is in God's hand & NO ONE can separate you from Jesus! Though I also believe that when you are in the hand of Jesus you see certain fruits here on earth. That's how you know. Anyway, in my case I so feel like my sister is like i was years ago. I said I was a Christian but I wasn't. I didn't know what it really meant to be a Christian. I loved the Lord but didn't have a relationship with him... I didn't know how. Thankfully He knew that & He literally grabbed ahold of my heart & wouldn't let go till he broke me & He did & ever since then my life has been so much better. I thank Him every day that He wouldn't let go till I gave in & I want Him to do that for my sister too.

Actually my pastor often talks about how he doesn't like to say he's a Christian b/c it is so mis-used in today's society. A lot of people claim to be a Christian but aren't (like me years ago). He prefers saying that he is a Christ-follower! And I agree... I'm a Christ-follower!

Rick Warren

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search