Ladies, I need your prayers, please.

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2010, 08:23 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll try not to write a book here, but...I just feel like I'm falling apart lately, and I could really use your prayers. It's so hard to confess everything to anyone "IRL", it's way easier to type it to all of you. And I know a lot of you have been here too.

It just seems like everything is wrong. Rachael's behavior is terrible lately, and nothing I do to discipline her bothers her at all. Milly is strong-willed beyond belief...it's just tantrum after tantrum with her. (She's not ALL bad...she can be a total sweetheart too...but when she doesn't get her way, UGH!!) DH...well, we're not getting along so well either. We're both stressed - I'm just at breaking point after a day with the girls, he works full-time and goes to school and mows at the church and just has responsibilities all over. I have a tendency toward depression anyway...and boy, am I there. I'm having a hard time just with everyday things, like keeping up the house. We need to start our new homeschooling year in a couple of weeks and I'm SO unprepared. It scares me how unprepared I am. I barely want to be around my family. I know I'm not being a great wife or mother, and it makes me SO sad. And nothing has changed with the church situation...we're still at the same place, and I still feel nothing. Nowhere I visit feels "right", except for the place that DH hated. I pray and pray to just know where to go, and...nothing.

The lyrics to "Praise You In This Storm" keep running through my mind...where it says "my strength is almost gone, how can I carry on if I can't find You?" I just...feel like I can't find Him.

So yeah, I'd GREATLY appreciate your prayers, girls.
August 2nd, 2010, 10:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
praying for you!!
August 3rd, 2010, 02:37 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, HUGE

Praying hard for you!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
August 3rd, 2010, 06:25 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
*hugs* I wish I knew more about the churches in your area of the state. The only one I know of is in Bridgewater and I believe that's a good bit north of you. I'll pray that you're able to find a good church soon!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
August 3rd, 2010, 06:27 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know exactly how you are feeling, I am praying for you hun.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

August 3rd, 2010, 06:53 PM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you are having such a rough time right now. Would you consider putting the girls in a public or private school for a try. Maybe to give yourself a break. Can DH cut back on some of his responsibilities for a while.
We all go through times when we need to prune things back and recharge our lives a bit.
I pray that the Lord will refresh you.
Mattiez
August 3rd, 2010, 07:56 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
Kristin you are in my heart and prayers. I pray for you to feel God's strength and take comfort in it.
August 4th, 2010, 08:14 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you, ladies. I appreciate the prayers SO much, and you're all in mine as well.

I'm afraid there's not much DH can cut back on. Work...school...mowing at church (which is also a paid position - can't afford to drop it, and there's really no one else in our church that can do it.) And no, I wouldn't put my girls in school. That's the biggest thing I'm going to HAVE to find the strength and patience for. Today was a really horrible day with Rachael too, and I can't say I'm not tempted...but I'm pretty sure that putting her in school would just make the attitude worse instead of better. Going shopping this weekend for this year's devotionals/Bible curriculum, and hoping to find something that'll really speak to her!
August 4th, 2010, 11:39 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
You'll be in my prayers Kristen. I just had a conversation tonight with a friend of mine about how she's reaching breaking point and needs help. I'm sure you know that seeing a doctor or counselor is always an option. HUGS and prayers.

We are going through a rough time with disciplining our two year old right now, and ever since the baby was born I go through little periods of just not feeling like myself. I know it's not exactly what you're experiencing, but I hope you can find some comfort in knowing you're not alone in your feelings and struggles.

August 5th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Super Mommy
Praying for you!!! Being a mother has never been quoted as being easy. God is always with you no matter what, even in these deep dark times. Praying for strength, comfort, patience and any other things that are needed during this difficult time.

Thanks to claire1979 for my awesome siggy!

August 5th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
Hugs, prayers being sent for you!

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

August 5th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Veteran
I'm praying for you! What town do you live near (you can pm it if you want). I lived in Central VA for four years, and have friends that pastor churches in southern VA. I'd be glad to help!
August 7th, 2010, 03:17 PM
kellysheree's Avatar balls to the wall
Praying hard for you hun! I know exactly where you are at. With DH not having a job- he's feeling very overwhelmed by our children (5 and 2) and that's carrying over to me. Our 5 year old- Micah- she's just going through the sneaky stage and Caleb- the 2 year old seems to be in the tantrum after tantrum stage.

I'll keep you in my daily prayers- I find that when I'm just at my breaking point- about to lose it all- I just put my kids in another room- and I go and pray. I'm sure you've tried that.

Good luck finding a good home church- I know how hard it is to find a "home" for both you and your husband.

**thanks brui77 for my AMAZING siggy**
VISIT MY BLOG: www.faithfullyeverafter.blogspot.com
August 7th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragmama View Post
Thank you, ladies. I appreciate the prayers SO much, and you're all in mine as well.

I'm afraid there's not much DH can cut back on. Work...school...mowing at church (which is also a paid position - can't afford to drop it, and there's really no one else in our church that can do it.) And no, I wouldn't put my girls in school. That's the biggest thing I'm going to HAVE to find the strength and patience for. Today was a really horrible day with Rachael too, and I can't say I'm not tempted...but I'm pretty sure that putting her in school would just make the attitude worse instead of better. Going shopping this weekend for this year's devotionals/Bible curriculum, and hoping to find something that'll really speak to her!
I know I don't really post here but, I will say a prayer for you tonight. We all get run down. And just to add, a version from another side of the coin if you will, I have a friend that considered home schooling. This is not to start a debate, just something to think about. She decided to try enrolling him into a school and his behavioral problems with her went away as soon as he started. I hem and haw and try to think of all aspects of home teaching as well but, when it comes down to it, it's not always the right choice. Just continue to pray about it with an open mind considering your children and their needs as well as your own.
September 4th, 2010, 01:04 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you feeling? I know you've started back to school... how is it going???

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search