New here and prayers needed

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Abba's Avatar Veteran
Hi all!

I'm relatively new here. My name is Amanda and I have one little girl named Evelyn (15 mo.).

Thanks for the welcome. I've been off for a few days busy with company. Then last night my LO burned her palms on the open oven door!

We didn't even see her in the kitchen; she must have raced in right as DH opened the oven and glanced away.

Thankfully, it wasn't too serious. We spent only a few hours in the ER and they gave her Tylenol / Codeine and showed us how to wrap and care for her hands.

She is extremely frustrated today not being able to do anything without hurting her little hands. (Even walking and reading books is hard because she uses her hands to catch herself and also to turn the pages). Sleeping and napping is also rough. She can't rearrange without pressing on her palms and also wants mommy to hold her instead of sleeping in her crib.

So we are exhausted and the place is a wreck from company and my DH and I feel like complete and total idiots.

Please keep us in your prayers for the next few days. We have an appt with the pedi on Monday and the ER doc told us she should be healed by then so it shouldn't be a long process.

Thanks for listening!
August 11th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Abba, Glad you found the board.
I am sorry to hear about you little one. I am sure she is very frustrated because of it. Praying for her hands to heal up and for you to get some rest.
Mattiez
August 11th, 2010, 06:55 PM
kellysheree's Avatar balls to the wall
Welcome Amanda! I'm Kelly. Nice to meet you. I am so so sorry to hear about your daughter and her burns. When my son was about 3 months old- my niece dropped a hair straightening iron on his leg and severly burned him. He has a nice little scar- so I know exactly how frurstrating it is! And I'm sure how bad you feel. But little one's have an amazing ability to heal and I'm sure within a weeks time she'll be like new and you'll have a story to tell her when she gets bigger.

Again welcome! Hope to get to know you better soon!

**thanks brui77 for my AMAZING siggy**
VISIT MY BLOG: www.faithfullyeverafter.blogspot.com
August 11th, 2010, 07:59 PM
happymomof4's Avatar Veteran
Amanda welcome. My younger son did that to me when he was under 1. He was in a walker and with his dad in the livingroom. I opened up the oven door and he was there touching the inside of it. I didn't even know he came into the kitchen.

So I feel you pain. I will say a prayer for you whole family.

Charlotte

August 11th, 2010, 09:26 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Praying for you all. Kids sure can be walking disasters right?!

August 12th, 2010, 07:31 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ouch!!! First off... you & your DH are not idiots. Kids get into things so easily... trust me I know... I have a 14 yo & remember those days.

I will def be praying...

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
August 16th, 2010, 07:05 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How'd the appt go? How's your DD???

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
August 17th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Abba's Avatar Veteran
Thanks so much for asking!

The appointment went well. She's healing right on schedule though I wish it was much faster. The dr. indicated it would take several more weeks.

DD is feeling a little better every day. She is still waking up about every hour (even if I'm holding her or lying next to her) and then it takes some time to get her back to sleep.

Yesterday (during the day) felt almost normal!

Thanks for all the prayers!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search