Dawn!!!

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2010, 07:44 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're back!!! Did you have fun???? Where'd you go???? I know you guys went on vacation but I don't remember where you said you were going. Would love to see pics if you have them!!! We've really missed you or at least I know I have!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
August 24th, 2010, 12:54 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes I'm back!!! Still trying to catch up.

We left on August 1st in the afternoon and headed out to Ohio, to see dh's family. Got there super late (or rather early)...around 3 AM. Visited with hubby's mom, sil, niece's, nephews, aunt & uncle. Stayed until Wednesday. Dh's mom had to have cataract surgery (kind of wished that his sister told us ahead of time because we would've stopped on way back instead of on the way to my folks').

Then we headed to Vermont to see my mom and dad, my sisters and their families. It was so neat to see everyone. We went to Lake Dunmore (I'll share some pictures after I put them on photobucket...they're on my facebook for those that have me on their friend's list). It was the first time my kids went swimming in a lake. Surrounded by mountains, it was so beautiful! Water was warm! Fun!!

The first Saturday away we headed to my grandma's on the Cape (Massachusetts). Got to celebrate my aunt's birthday with her and visit with Gram (who is 94). Also saw some other aunts, uncles and cousins. Another first for the kids. They got to swim in the salt water. Sarah had done it once before as a small baby. It's where I grew up. So it was neat to see my kids playing where I played as a child. Learned really quickly, though, NOT to show Caitie something small like a ummm a hermit crab. She grabbed it faster than I knew she could and put it right in her mouth. Had to get it out of her mouth...much to her disappointment. HA!

Monday we headed back up to see my other grandma (also in Mass.) before heading back to my folk's house.

Wednesday, the 11th, was dh's and my 20th wedding anniversary. My folk's watched Ben and Caitie, while Sarah got to stay overnight at my her cousin's house. She had a blast! Dh and I went over to our old stomping grounds in the Adirondacks. Visited with some friends before getting gussied up to go out to one of our all time favorite romantic restaurants in Lake George, NY. The food was WONDERFUL! Then we went down to the lake and went for a horse drawn carriage ride. Afterward, we made an anklet of beads (a local tourist-y shop) to remember the evening by. Then we walked along the pier that dh and I had fished on for several years. Beautiful balmy night!

Back to Vermont, where we had a bit of work to do...and some fun with family. Saturday, back to NY for a baby shower for dear friends and then to a fundraiser event that more friend's were at (they're in a Christian band and were playing there).

On the afternoon of the 15th, we headed back to NY, where Dh had planned a 40th birthday party for me at a beautiful park in the Adirondacks. It was fun catching up with some of our friends.

That night, we stayed in NY in one of our friend's guest cottages. The next morning, we "knew" it was time to go home. Our kids were totally out of sorts. Off schedule. Crabby. Ready to be back to their normal daily routine. lol So we thanked our friends and headed back home.

You know, since I have all of the pictures on my facebook already...if you're interested in seeing them, pm me and I'll give you the link. LOTS of pictures! lol

But as all vacations end...it was fun...but it's always good to be back home.

Last edited by DawnN; August 24th, 2010 at 01:08 PM.
August 24th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I missed you too!!

August 25th, 2010, 04:14 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnN View Post
Learned really quickly, though, NOT to show Caitie something small like a ummm a hermit crab. She grabbed it faster than I knew she could and put it right in her mouth. Had to get it out of her mouth...much to her disappointment. HA!

Sounds like you guys had a WONDERFUL time!!!

School started back here so I've been busy, busy, busy. Austin's in 9th & can't remember if I've told you but... we homeschool.

First injectable cycle failed. But we did learn a few things about my cycle that I hope helps the next cycle so I'm happy about that. I go back to the RE Sept 1st. I'll give you the short version...

I ended up Oing BEFORE the trigger & most likely before my eggs were even mature. I went in on a Friday & my follies were 14 mm but they wanted to see them at about 16 mm so we were told to continue stims. Well, I felt O pain Friday night & just KNEW I Oed. Monday mornings appt showed that I was right but my other follies grew to 20 mm. Yay that they responded. THEN AF showed the VERY next Saturday so I had about a 7 day LP. I have NEVER had a LPD until this happened. I will be talking to the RE about progesterone (which I know you said we need) but of course not sure what he's gonna say but I don know that they said we would up my dose of Follistim next cycle to hopefully prevent early O like last time.

Oh & you really should check out my blog to see ALL the things that went wrong last cycle. It was absolutely CRAZY... I mean Satan attacked HARD or something. My BFF from church said (& it really makes sense to me) that this is my wilderness. We are literally right at the edge of the promised land & so I'm still believing God. I know He's in control. Not quite sure what He's doing with all this but I KNOW we're goign to enter that promised land soon & I can't wait!

So that's what's been going on while you've been gone!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
August 25th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I totally believe that you are about to enter that "Promised Land". I have been praying hard and know that the miracles are just about to spring forth.

I'm sorry that this cycle didn't work, but at least the doctor's learned a bit as to what will work for next time. (((hugs))) So frustrating the wait....but oh so worth it in the end.

I sent you a friend request on FB.

September 2nd, 2010, 09:26 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Dawn that sounds like a wonderful vacation! Happy (belated) Birthday and Anniversary I think that hermit crab story is too cute

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search