We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
After three and a half years of trying, and numerous medical tests, we will do not know why we can't conceive. I had mild endo removed in a laparoscopy last month, and I guess I got my hopes up that it would fix it. Dumb, I know. I was actually supposed to start Tamoxifen last cycle, but my estrogen was too high so it got cancelled. I also found out that same day that my insurance may or may not cover the ultrasounds and lab work associated with it since it is technically a treatment cycle. When I call them, it seems to depend on who you ask. When they read the actual information to me, it didn't cover artificial insemination or above. The guy said it appeared the monitoring would be covered since those tests are used for various things. My RE's office said they would file, and if it wasn't covered, we would be responsible for it. A medicated cycle is 700. If we need to do IUI, it will be an additional 430 on top of that (this would def. be out of pocket). I was pretty upset that day, but much calmer now.
So, my temperature has been dropping, and it looks like this cycle is ending. That means we need to make a decision. Do we do the medicated cycle and pray that it is covered, or if it isn't, the money will be provided? Our deductible is in for this year, so if it is covered, we will pay very little out of pocket. Or, do we try naturally for a few more cycles to see if the lap helped? This would run into the beginning of the year where our 3000.00 deductible starts over again. DH says move forward with treatment now in hopes that it will be covered rather than know we will definitely be paying out of pocket. Which makes sense.
I guess where I worry is where the money will come from if it ends up being returned. I know I need to trust God, that He will provide. Just struggling a bit today since I know I will be calling the RE in the next day or so. I really do hate all of this, and wish it could happen naturally. I know that God didn't choose that path for us, and He has His reasons. I rest in knowing that. Thank you for allowing me to get this out there.
I am sorry you are having such problems. I will be praying for you.
I remember with my insurance we had to be very careful how we classified each of the procedures. The insurance would cover anything associated with "infertility" but not once it crossed over into IVF or IUI or any thing else. We had to be very careful that all the blood work , ultra sounds etc. was classified as infertility treatments and not a work up for anything else because as soon as it was associated with ivf, iui it was automatically rejected. The same exact procedure, just classified differently.
Hmmm...Your estrogen is high, eh? By any chance have they suggested that it may be PCOS? That's what I have.
I will be praying that God will lead you in which direction you should go. (((hugs)))
It's a hard battle when we see others getting pregnant so easily. I know, it was a long long journey for us. Once I was treated for the PCOS diagnosis (instead of the guinea pig guessing like back in the 90's), we were able to conceive. I ended up having other issues which caused 2 m/c's before my dd Sarah and then 3 after her. But once I saw a specialist we were given a treatment plan that worked and I had my last two. Don't give up. God is able!
Married 8/11/90 ~ Terry Bechor m/c'd 11/26/03, Thomas A. III m/c'd 7/15/04,
Sarah E. born 6/24/05, Tabitha Zipporah m/c'd 4/?/06, Theodore David m/c'd 8/27/06,
Taylor Lynn m/c'd 2/07/07, Benjamin E. born 3/25/08, Catherine A. born 6/03/09
I'm so sorry I wasn't around to see this earlier. I literally feel your pain... it was just recently that I was going through the exact same thing (before starting injections). God will provide & I know you know that but if you are not 100% sure that he is leading you down the path of IF treatments it's so hard to know what to do. I'm praying that the Lord speak clearly to you & guide you in the right direction. Please KUP!
Thank you ladies so much! We both really felt like we were supposed to move forward so....
RE appt went well today. Everything came back good, and I will start meds tonight. I will go back on 10/1 for more labs along with ultrasound and Post-Coital Test. Praying that comes back fine because if it doesn't, we will be looking at IUI. We would love to do this as natural as possible;-) And for more great news....the insurance company is willing to pay for the ovulation induction cycles since there is no insemination involved. It was a battle, but they agreed. Another reason I would like to avoid IUI. I know it is all up to God, and I'm just so thankful for how far He has brought us already. Thank you for your prayers!
I'm currently in the middle of a natural cycle, on CD 13. Once CD 1 rolls around, we will start injectables (Bravelle) with the Tamoxifen, then trigger with IUI. Our insurance is covering the office visits, labs and ultrasounds, but the rest is out of pocket. We are both at peace with moving forward and allowing God to provide. It is nerve-wracking, but we have faith.